12 Skincare Products You Didn’t Know You Needed
We’re all well aware of the basics when it comes to skincare. A strict regimen of face wash and moisturizer every morning and evening = easy peasy. But there are so many other skincare products on the market that have huge benefits. From serums to masks and eye creams, they all have a different way of working their magic. Take a look at these 12 skincare products that might just change your life.
1. Josie Maran Argan Oil ($48): We know what you’re thinking. Voluntarily putting oil on your face?! It doesn’t seem like it would help anything at all, but trust us when we say it is THE beauty secret of the moment. Try Josie Maran’s Argan Oil to keep your skin looking as youthful as ever.
2. Tarte Maracuja Oil ($46): Another serum that works great on the face is Tarte’s Maracuja Oil. Apply this oil to your face every night to create an even-toned, brighter complexion.
3. Origins Zero Oil Pore Purifying Toner ($22): Next up, we’re talking toners. Toners aren’t just for clearing up acne. They actually have a ton of benefits if you get the right kind for your skin. This one is great for refining pores and reducing shine.
4. Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion ($14): Believe it or not, toners can be used on dry skin as well. Clinique’s Mild Clarifying Lotion soothes dry, sensitive skin and also gets rid of flakes – perfect for prepping your skin for moisturizer.
5. First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Purifying Mask ($30): Masks are one of those things that you know your skin needs, but you never find the time to do it. Well, making time to apply a mask once a week will work wonders on your skin. First Aid Beauty’s purifying mask is made with red clay, which reduces the appearance of pores, detoxifies and controls excess oils. Sounds like a winner to us.
6. Fresh Black Tea Firming Overnight Mask ($92): If you’re in the mood to splurge, Fresh’s Black Tea mask should be first on your list. It’s an overnight treatment that helps to create a firmer look, which is something that everyone wants.
7. Karuna Brightening Face Mask ($28): These masks are probably the most fun of them all. Use a sheet mask like this one for sun-damaged or discolored skin to brighten the look of your complexion.
8. Philosophy Renewed Hope In A Jar ($51): Eye cream is one of those things to start before you see signs that you *actually* need it. Philosophy’s whipped eye cream works to refresh and refine your under eyes.
9. First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy ($36): If you’re on the market for an eye cream that’s ideal for early mornings, then this one is for you. The metal tip helps to de-puff, while the product inside instantly brightens your skin.
10. Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil ($32): We all have our favorite cleansers, but have you tried a cleansing oil yet? The oil works to break down the makeup on your face, going deeper than a traditional cleanser so you’re left with a makeup-free face just in time to catch up on some zzz’s.
11. Caru Activated Charcoal + Dead Sea Salt Soap ($18): The best part about using a charcoal facial soap is that it not only acts as a cleanser, but also as an exfoliant. Snag this one from the B+C Shop!
12. Change Soap Pink Clay + Charcoal Soap ($7): This soap combines pink clay and charcoal to absorb impurities and draw out dirt and excess oils. It doesn’t get any better than that.
What’s your favorite skincare secret? Talk to us in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)