10 High-Tech Gadgets You Need in Your Bedroom
Smart homes are all the rage these days. From smart bulbs to high-tech kitchen appliances, the list of ways to make your home *that* much more techy is endless. The home of the future has certainly graced us with its presence, and we are not mad about it. Next up? High-tech appliances for your bedroom. Think smart mattresses, fancy nightlights and snooze-reducing alarm clocks. Scroll on through to see our recent gadget finds that’ll make sleeping and waking that much better.
3. Sony Ultra Short Throw Projector: This Sony projector allows you to turn your wall (or ceiling!) into a life-sized window or movie theater. And, if you’re short on space, this projector is perfect for you as it sits just seven inches from the wall.
5. Elgato Avea Mood Light: In the mood for some extravagant mood lighting? The Elgato Avea mood light will leave your bedroom ultra colorful.
6. Nest Thermostat: We’ve talked about the Nest thermostat before, and we’re still just as obsessed. Too toasty under your blankets? Make it a little cooler with your smartphone. Really, it’s that easy.
7. Samsung 4K UHD TV: Because flat screen TVs are *so* 2014. The Samsung curved TV is a must for your Friday night in.
8. Big Ass Fans Haiku: If traditional fans just aren’t going to cut it in your home, Big Ass Fans are perfect for you. Trust, this one’s the smallest fan they make.
9. Luna Mattress Cover: Make your mattress a smart bed using the Luna mattress cover, which warms your bed and tracks your sleep. *added to cart*
10. Ramos Alarm Clock: To turn this bad boy off, you have to actually get OUT of bed. Sounds kind of torturous, but definitely genius for those of us who hit the snooze button one too many times.
What smart home appliances do you own? Talk to us in the comments.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!