10 High-Tech Gadgets You Need in Your Bedroom
Smart homes are all the rage these days. From smart bulbs to high-tech kitchen appliances, the list of ways to make your home *that* much more techy is endless. The home of the future has certainly graced us with its presence, and we are not mad about it. Next up? High-tech appliances for your bedroom. Think smart mattresses, fancy nightlights and snooze-reducing alarm clocks. Scroll on through to see our recent gadget finds that’ll make sleeping and waking that much better.
3. Sony Ultra Short Throw Projector: This Sony projector allows you to turn your wall (or ceiling!) into a life-sized window or movie theater. And, if you’re short on space, this projector is perfect for you as it sits just seven inches from the wall.
5. Elgato Avea Mood Light: In the mood for some extravagant mood lighting? The Elgato Avea mood light will leave your bedroom ultra colorful.
6. Nest Thermostat: We’ve talked about the Nest thermostat before, and we’re still just as obsessed. Too toasty under your blankets? Make it a little cooler with your smartphone. Really, it’s that easy.
7. Samsung 4K UHD TV: Because flat screen TVs are *so* 2014. The Samsung curved TV is a must for your Friday night in.
8. Big Ass Fans Haiku: If traditional fans just aren’t going to cut it in your home, Big Ass Fans are perfect for you. Trust, this one’s the smallest fan they make.
9. Luna Mattress Cover: Make your mattress a smart bed using the Luna mattress cover, which warms your bed and tracks your sleep. *added to cart*
10. Ramos Alarm Clock: To turn this bad boy off, you have to actually get OUT of bed. Sounds kind of torturous, but definitely genius for those of us who hit the snooze button one too many times.
What smart home appliances do you own? Talk to us in the comments.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.