20 Homemade Masks for a DIY Facial
If you didn’t know how many amazing beauty products you could whip up with the contents of your cabinets, you’re in for a pleasant surprise. We’ve been fans of the DIY face mask for a long time, but we were super excited to get back in the kitchen and curate a whole bunch of new recipes for everyone’s face mask needs. Grab your fave produce and smart smearing, because these 20 homemade face masks will get you glowin’ in no time.
1. Chamomile Oatmeal Face Mask: Chamomile is basically the queen of soothing teas, so it stands to reason that it would be soothing to your skin, too. Combine tea leaves with oats for gentle exfoliation and you’ve got one great mask for sensitive skin. (via Freutcake)
2. Raw Coconut Oil + Raw Honey Face Mask: We can’t say enough about the awesome benefits of raw coconut oil and raw honey. They’re antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, they stimulate skin regeneration and collagen production and they’re just super moisturizing. This is one mask that works as good as it smells. (via Nice People Blog)
3. Greek Yogurt Mask: We bet you didn’t know your fave breakfast was such a skin superstar, too. Opt for a plain, full-fat version and watch in awe as the lactic acid exfoliates and the fat nourishes in this simple, powerful mask. (via Alyssa + Carla)
4. Green Tea + Honey Mask: If you’re suffering from tired, puffy skin, green tea is your new best friend. It’s full of antioxidants, it fights redness and blackheads and it’s incredibly soothing. (via Wit + Delight)
5. Super Soothing + Tightening Face Mask: An egg white mask is one of those model skin secrets we’ve always been dying to be let in on. We’re willing to try something that promises to tighten up skin. (via Huda Beauty)
6. Detox Grapefruit Face Mask: Ahh summer, the season of beaching, holidays, too many fruity cocktails… wait, what? If you’ve been enjoying yourself a little too much lately, scoop up some of this grapefruit-laden detox mask for a fresh skin start. (via Beauty Bets)
7. Pumpkin Facial: Pumpkins are not just for Halloween anymore. While we’re patiently waiting for one of our most beloved holidays, we’ll take solace in this brightening, vitamin-boosting face mask. (via Petit Elefant)
8. Cinnamon Nutmeg Acne Mask: While we’re not ones to dwell on adolescent regrets, picking at the inevitable pimple is way up there on the list. And don’t even get us started on adult acne. Fight both old scars and new blemishes with this tingly nutmeg mask! (via Huda Beauty)
9. All-Natural Clay Detox Mask: Bentonite clay is one of those thousands-of-years-old health and beauty secrets we’re so glad is coming back into the spotlight. It’s a swelling clay derived from volcanic ash that soaks up all the toxins you’ve exposed your skin to and fights the overproduction of oil. It’s the original mud mask. (via Feel + Flourish)
10. All-Natural Super Exfoliating Face Mask: Baking soda’s firepower is no secret when it comes to DIY cleaning products or natural hair hacks, but it also makes a great skin exfoliant. Combine it with vitamin E capsules for a major boost. (via One Good Thing by Jillee)
11. Honey + Banana Face Mask: Bananas are another power hitter for dry, irritated skin. Mash it up with honey and cinnamon to give your skin a nice respite from the harshness of every day life. (via Sincerely, Kinsey)
12. Chocolate Oatmeal Face Mask: No, that’s not dessert. It’s a powerful antioxidant mask that works for all skin types. Even if it weren’t uh-mazing for our skin, we’re pretty sure inhaling the scent of cocoa for 20 minutes would relax us enough not to care. (via Gourmande in the Kitchen)
13. Turmeric Face Mask: Yep, curry is good for your skin, too! Turmeric is an all-natural anti-inflammatory and anti-aging agent that’s combined with yogurt for more moisture than you can imagine. (via Bustle)
14. Apple Cider Vinegar Face Mask: When we were little, our moms used to rinse our hair with apple cider vinegar to make it shinier. Crazy, we know. But now that we’re older and more appreciative of maternal wisdom, we know this ingredient is just as awesome for our skin as it was for our locks. (via Free People Blog)
15. Soothing Lavender Face Mask: Fresh flowers make everything better, including your skin! Add some lavender buds or essential oil to your next mask for a soothing home spa experience. (via Clones ‘n’ Clowns)
17. Coconut Mocha Face Mask: Coffee in your face, coffee on your face — it’s good everywhere. The caffeine in the java is brightening and tightening, a combination we could all use from time to time. (via Pistachio Project)
18. Lemon Milk Apha-Hydroxy Mask: We’re not going to lie; we’re not in love with shelling out big bucks for those fancy skin peels, however great the results may be. The opportunity to create our own with lemon juice and milk, though, is clearly a sign we should start our own spa. (via Crunchy Betty)
What secrets do you have tucked into your home spa arsenal? Share your tips with us below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)