16 Slow Cooker Apple Recipes That Will Make Your Home Smell Amazing
Owning a slow cooker is a marvelous thing. For one, it makes your life a heck of a lot easier, thanks to the numerous dump dinners you can make for easy weeknight meals. Second of all, they free up time and space — thanks to Thanksgiving slow cooker recipes, we can now get through holiday dinner prep without having a breakdown. Cheers to that! And last but certainly not least, slow cookers (AKA crockpots) send the most comforting aromas throughout your home, so you can take pleasure in what’s for dinner all day long. So ditch those kitschy candles — we’ve got 16 tantalizing slow cooker apple recipes that will comfort your soul and make your home smell AMAZING.
1. Gingerbread Applesauce: Homemade applesauce is a glorious thing — it’s hard to imagine it getting any better. But it does get better when you spice things up with the essence of gingerbread. (via Not Starving Yet)
2. Best Crock Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches: Being greeted at the door by the smell of meat that’s been simmering all day long is a dream. You can tell it’s going to melt in your mouth just by smelling it. Add to that the sweetness of soft cooked apples and you’re in comfort food heaven. (via A Sweet Pea Chef)
3. Slow Cooker Apple Cranberry Chicken: This sweet and savory concoction is one-dish perfection. It’s also freezer-friendly, so you can do yourself a solid and prepare it ahead of time. Just dump it in the cooker before leaving the house and come home to a delicious meal. (via The Lean Green Bean)
4. Crock Pot Apple Pie Oatmeal: Pie for breakfast? Good morning indeed. There’s truly no better way to start the day than with a hearty bowl of hot oats, but when it tastes like apple pie, it’s basically dessert. (via Apple of My Eye)
5. Healthy Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Casserole: Though the words “healthy” and “casserole” don’t typically belong together, it’s oh-so nice when they do. This smooth and sweet side dish saves you time *and* oven space. (via Kristine’s Kitchen)
6. Slow Cooker Apple Butter: Despite the efforts of peeling and chopping, the reward here is incredibly worthwhile. Jars of apple butter would make great food gifts — just make sure you keep some for yourself ;) (via The Magical Slow Cooker)
7. Crock Pot Caramel Apples: These two-ingredient treats will instantly transport you to your childhood. Try getting the kids involved for a fun and delicious fall family activity. (via The Gracious Wife)
8. Cheese Stuffed Apple Chicken Meatballs: Apples and cheese are a tried-and-true culinary pairing. That’s why we know that these succulent little meatball packages of melty cheddar smothered in apple butter BBQ sauce make *so* much sense. (via Well Plated)
9. Apple Cider Slow Cooker Carnitas With Fresh Apple Salsa: You’re hankering for carnitas, but you’re kind of over summer flavors; been there, done that. These tender pork carnitas are simmered in apple cider and offer that telltale taste of fall. With as little as 15 minutes of effort, they’re perfect for weeknights or lazy Sundays. (via Sweet Peas and Saffron)
10. Apple Crisp Stuffed Apples: Why use a bowl when you can just make one out of an apple? This, ladies and gents, is what you call a tastebud pleaser. Cut into a warm and soft apple stuffed with oats, crunchy walnuts and sweet raisins, and you’ll be in autumnal heaven. (via Citron Limette)
11. Skinny Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Cider: There are plenty of signs that fall is approaching — the leaves start to change, the days feel shorter and the air is crisp. But it’s never officially fall until you sip from a steaming mug of apple cider. Greet fall (and winter!) with this warm brew. (via The Cookie Rookie)
12. Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Coconut Chili: Chili is the poster meal for taking comfort in cool weather. This certainly isn’t your average chili, but it gets the job done. Exchanging spicy for sweet, this recipe offers up a healthy dose of veggies and apples slow cooked in coconut milk. Yummm. (via The Fig Tree)
13. Apple Barbecue Slow Cooker Little Smokies: Say what you will about crockpot toothpick foods, but no matter where you go, they’re always a huge hit. Pass on the usual Swedish meatballs this holiday season and opt for these little smokies that are slathered in a sweet apple barbecue sauce. (via Wonky Wonderful)
14. Slow Cooker Broccoli Apple Cheddar Soup: If you’ve ever battled the temptation of eating cheese fondue with a spoon, this soup is for you. Apples and broccoli bring the nutrition, while rich sharp cheddar cheese brings the creaminess and comfort. (via 3 Yummy Tummies)
15. Apple Ginger Slow Cooked Ham: This apple ginger concoction breathes new life into a slow cooker staple. You still get sweetness from the apples while being treated with a zing from the ginger. Live a little; try something new. (via Lemons for Lulu)
16. Slow Cooker Apple Crisp: Slow cooker desserts are the best kind of desserts, amirite? Here, sweet and soft apples are covered in crumbly buttery oats with cinnamon and brown sugar. Your home will smell like heaven, and that’s what slow cooking is all about. (via Dishing Delish)
For more slow cooker goodness and fall time bliss, follow us on Pinterest.
Whether you want to tap into some holiday nostalgia, or find a fun DIY to do with your kiddos, this simple snow globe craft offers both! Together with Camp by Walmart, we built a customizable crafting journey so you can execute this decor upgrade based on your style preferences and the supplies you have around the house. For this project, you'll need to decide if you want your snow globe to be inside of a mason jar or glass orb, what type of snow you want (hello, glitter!), and what holiday scene should go inside. With 16 possible outcomes, we can't wait to see what you come up with. Check it out by watching the winter wonderland snow globe tutorial now!