11 Sneakers and Dresses That Are Perfect Summer Combos
The sun is out, the thermometer is at balmy 75 degrees and outfits that require a single ounce of effort are so not happening. Luckily your warm-weather wardrobe is packed with style staples that are just as uncomplicated as they are #OOTD-worthy, with throw-on-and-go dresses and trend-right sneakers pulling ahead. Sneakers are crazy comfortable — key for urban adventures filled with hours of pavement pounding — and they can turn up the style factor on any ensemble in a snap, especially when paired with ultra-feminine frocks. Sounds good, right? As you usher in summer days and nights, check out these 11 foolproof ways to wear your most-coveted trainers all season long.
1. J.Crew Racerback Tank Dress ($60) + Zara Patch Plimsolls ($40): Peace out, plain-white tees and jeans — we’ve found a way to make our morning routines even easier. Your new off-the-clock uniform goes a little something like this: tank dresses and slide-on sneakers for days. Play it cool with a white denim jacket and mini leather backpack, or make it feel after-hours ready with a suede bomber and statement earrings.
2. Mango Off Shoulder Dress ($50) + Loeffler Randall Lace Up Runner in Natural ($396): Flirty frocks and embellished heels are a match made in heaven, but not every occasion calls for pulling out all the stops (like your BFF’s upcoming backyard bash). Mix and match a frilly off-the-shoulder dress with woven raffia trainers that will put your standard leather sandals to shame. The only thing missing? Minimalist jewelry and a structured crossbody bag that will catapult your outfit into fashion-forward territory.
3. Zara Printed Tunic ($50) + Converse All Star Studded Leather Sneaker ($125): Keep a case of fashion FOMO at bay with this easy getup featuring major cool-girl vibes. Between karaoke nights and movies in the park, it’s safe to say you’ll be more than ready for every event on your iCal this summer. Half-up buns and metallic chokers are highly encouraged.
4. Need Supply Wilke Slip Dress ($130) + Mango Flower Appliqué Sneakers ($100): Blow bae away with your mad styling skills by putting an unexpected twist on the classic dress-and-pumps combo. Instead of fancy footwear alongside a color-block slip, step into a pair of embellished sneakers for a look that screams runway-ready. Throw on a leather jacket paired with don’t-care hair for a touch of French-girl cool.
5. C/MEO COLLECTIVE Stay Cool Pinstripe Dress ($190) + 67 Collection Jurun Sneakers ($60): Trainers at your nine to five? 100%. Come casual Friday, strut into the office like the girl boss you are in a belted denim dress that can only be described as DDG and snakeskin espadrille kicks with major ‘tude. Pull your hair back into a messy low bun, then toss on a pair of next-level ear jackets for day-to-night dressing at its best.
6. COS Oversized Striped Dress ($125) + Dune Brogue and Tassel Detail Leather Sneaker ($160): Okay let’s be real: Strappy sandals aren’t exactly the most practical footwear for festival dressing, at at least not when you’re front row center and dancing to the beat. Save the sandals for pre- and post-show and pair your free-wheelin’ maxi dress with oxford sneakers that go above and beyond “festival chic.” When the sun starts to set, pop on a cropped jacket for a look that’s downright fierce.
7. Elizabeth and James Trisha Crepe Mini Dress ($158) + ASOS Drummer Lace Up Sneakers ($36): This minimalist mock neck frock has us swooning hard. Who would have thought a frills-free LBD could have this much swagger? Pair this wear-anywhere number with two-tone flatform lace-ups for an Insta-ready look that’s perfect for casual dinner dates and gallery openings alike. Just add modern drop earrings, dainty stacking rings and a lucite box clutch for a done deal.
8. French Connection Posy Lace Strappy Maxi Dress ($198) + Adidas Originals + Raf Simons Stan Smith Perforated Leather Sneakers ($400): If you ask us, white sneakers are overrated. Usher in summer by saying sayonara to your old school Stan Smiths and embracing technicolor steppers. Do the color block thing for an upcoming outdoor concert or leisurely lunch with a swingy white midi dress and sunny yellow sneakers. Add a satin bomber jacket and dainty necklace for an uptown-meets-downtown look.
9. Zara Frayed Checked Dress ($50) + Zara Stretch Sneakers ($50): Gingham isn’t just for girls with preppy style sensibilities. When your LWD has run its course, add this checked stunner to your lineup. The apron neckline and multi-color print strikes the perfect balance between trending and timeless. Style it with platform slides and a sleek bucket bag for a carefree look that’s ready for anything.
10. H&M Dress With Lacing ($25) + Vans Digi Hula Authentic ($55): Throwback is the name of the fashion game as far as this rib-knit number is concerned. When you’re looking for a little more than your average t-shirt dress can offer, toss on this frock on with round sunnies, an enviable arm party and hula-approved sneakers to let the ‘70s vibes flow.
11. Madewell Sahara Shift Dress ($138) + Toms Bright Multi Canvas Triangles Women’s Classics ($55): Beach vacation, tropical getaway, whatever — this beach bum-approved duo will see you through it all. When you’re not soaking up the sun in that chic new swimsuit, toss on this outfit and hit the boardwalk in style. Funky straw bag and windswept locks not included.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.