Celebrate Cinco de Mayo With 14 Twists on the Classic Margarita Recipe
Piñatas, enchiladas, agua fresca and chips + guac — is there anything not to love about Cinco de Mayo? But out of all the merriment that is Cinco de Mayo, our favorite celebrity of the hour is (of course) the margarita. Here are 14 remixed margs sure to pump up any Cinco de Mayo extravaganza.
1. Tropical Papaya: Throw on some sunnies and sandals and kick back and relax with this fruit-packed frozen beverage. Replete with papaya, strawberries, pineapple and mango, this take is a great way to make your celebration feel more like a tropical vacation. (via Fabtastic Eats)
3. Blackberry Margarita: With berry season right around the corner, grab a box of blackberries from your local farmers' market (along with some fresh sprigs of thyme) and whip up this slightly savory cocktail for your friends and family. (via Mom Me)
5. Kiwi Passion: Back to the tropics we go! This vibrant take on the margarita, complete with fresh kiwi and passion fruit, will wow guests and leave them begging for the recipe. (via Mangoes and Palm Trees)
8. Frozen Blueberry: This low-cal option is made with agave and packed with antioxidants. And since it's totally good for us, we can technically have multiple, right? (via Parade/photo by Mitch Mandel)
What are you sipping this Cinco de Mayo? Tweet us @BritandCo!
- How to make margarita mousse - B+C Guides ›
- 12 Ways to Eat a Margarita - Brit + Co ›
- How to make an amazing single margarita - B+C Guides ›
- This Is How to Throw the Ultimate Margarita Day Party - Brit + Co ›
- How to Make a DIY Margarita Bar - Brit + Co ›
- Spike Your Sweets: Watermelon Margarita Poptails - Brit + Co ›
- This Champagne Margarita Cocktail Recipe Will Replace Your ... ›