Everybody knows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but it can be easy to fall into a rut when you’ve got your minute-by-minute morning routine. How do we think outside of the kale-smoothie box when we’ve just woken up? With all the wonderful breakfast options out there, we think it’s definitely worth trying. Take a look at these 14 simple breakfast recipes that’ll help you mix up your morning routine without sacrificing the time.
1. Sweet Potato Hash: It might sound like a lot of effort, but actually, this delicious dish is just a chop and a fry away from being on your plate. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. French Toast: Let’s not rule out the classic french toast breakfast. Because some mornings, you just need syrup. (via The Art of Moseying)
3. Lemon and Blueberry Scones: Here’s a recipe you can pop in the oven while you work out. Then you’ll have warm fresh scones for breakfast. (via What’s Gaby Cooking)
4. Veggie Omelet: Omelets are such a great breakfast food because you can use whatever you’ve got in your fridge. Cheddar + tomato + kale omelet? Let’s do this. (via Cooking and Beer)
5. Blueberry Chia Jam: This recipe only takes five minutes to make, and you’ll end up with the perfect partner for biscuits or toast. (via Anne’s Healthy Corner)
6. On-the-Go Parfait: If you stack it right, you can put together this breakfast-in-a-jar the night before you have that big meeting. (via Gentri Lee)
7. Banana Muffins: Careful. The kids will eat these mini banana breads up in no time at all. (via Everyday Reading)
8. Scrambled Egg Grilled Cheese: Dying for scrambled eggs but can’t because of your long commute? This sandwich solves that problem beautifully. (via Whole and Heavenly Oven)
9. Cake Mix Donuts: That’s right. You can make delicious donuts from a box of cake mix. Excuse us while we go get some Betty Crocker. (via Little Inspiration)
10. Chocolate Mocha Tigernut Smoothie: Are smoothies really the love of your life? Shake it up with this recipe that will taste like dessert for breakfast. (via Fettle Vegan)
11. Breakfast Bruschetta: Mmm. Fried eggs, cottage cheese and avocado are all here on these delicious breakfast bruschetta slices. (via The Original Dish)
12. Overnight Oats: Oatmeal is so good for you, but not so appetizing to eat alone. Jazz up your bowl with one of these overnight oats recipes that you’ll want to make again and again. (via A Cookie Named Desire)
13. Breakfast Bloody Mary: If you work-from-home employees are looking for an Instagram-worthy breakfast to make everyone jealous, try this. (via Culinary Hill)
14. Homemade Granola: You can eat it with yogurt like a parfait or with milk like cereal. Either way, it’s sure to be healthy and delicious. (via Little Sugar Snaps)
What is your go-to breakfast recipe? Tell us below!