Your Ultimate Guide to Starbucks’ Top 10 Seasonal Drinks
It’s that time of year again! Starbucks’ most delicious, delectable beverages are now available to the masses, kicking off the autumn and early winter holiday season. The PSL officially came back on the scene in early September, but it’s not the only fan favorite to make its yearly debut. And while stopping by Starbucks isn’t the only way to show your love (there are also plenty of PSL-inspired gifts you can buy), it’s certainly one of the yummiest. But what to choose when you get there can be tough! Here’s our definitive ranking of Starbucks’ 10 most hype-worthy seasonal drinks.
10. Chestnut Praline Latte: Chestnuts are synonymous with the holiday season (Chestnuts roasting on an open fire, et. al.), so it’s no surprise that Starbucks has showcased this jolly nut in one of its most popular beverages. The Chestnut Praline Latte is super nutty, very sweet and perfectly spiced.
9. Toffee Nut Latte: Yet another combination of nutty and sweet, the Toffee Nut Latte is creamy and mildly sticky in all the right ways. Bonus points for the toffee nut sprinkles on top.
8. Caramel Brulée Latte: Espresso with steamed milk and caramel brulée syrup make this holiday treat a perfect choice for dessert lovers. This one is particularly rich, flowing with the sticky, gooey textures and tastes of *sweetly oozing* caramel.
7. Salted Caramel Mocha: This chocolate-y, salty drink is mixed with caramel and served especially for the holiday season. Did you know that you can get it over ice all year round? It’s only during these special few months that you can get it in its current form.
6. Christmas Cookie Latte: It’s a shame we cant put this baby into the top five (there are just too many amazing espresso drinks!), because trust us, it’s DELICIOUS. Actually, don’t trust us — go get one for yourself.
5. Chili Mocha: In case you haven’t tried it already, the combination of spicy chili and chocolate is absolutely to die for. It’s also completely on trend. The heat from the chili is amplified by the sugar in the chocolate, making for a warming and super moreish holiday drink.
4. Eggnog Latte: Nothing says Christmas quite like eggnog. In fact, it’s kind of like family holiday gatherings: Slightly hard to digest, but definitely worth it in the end. KIDDING. But seriously — while eggnog isn’t for everyone, Starbucks makes it delicious with this sweet and sugary holiday drink.
3. Peppermint Mocha: You almost certainly can’t go wrong with the classic combo of chocolate and peppermint. And that’s why the peppermint mocha is such a reliable favorite. No, it’s not exclusively served during the fall and winter, but it certainly matches the vibe of the holiday season. It’s the perfect beverage to sip on while shopping, decorating and wrapping gifts.
2. Gingerbread Latte: Nothing says Christmastime quite like a Gingerbread Latte. The spicy flavor of ginger is offset by sugar and sweetness, making for an uber-festive drink that’ll warm you down to your toes.
1. Pumpkin Spice Latte: Okay, okay… No surprises here! There’s a reason why the PSL will always be our favorite fall drink. It’s sweet. It’s spiced. It’s pumpkin-y. It’s cozy. It’s festive. It’s creamy. AND IT’S INSANELY DELICIOUS. PSL, you’ll always be number one in our book.
Follow us on Pinterest for more food news and holiday-inspired drinks!