9 Trendy Haircuts for Kids That You’ll Kinda Want Too
A haircut is serious business for a kid. And unlike the good ol’ days, you can’t quite put a bowl over your child’s head and hope for the best. We’re sure your little one is full of opinions about what looks are cool enough for the playground, but their cuts also have to be mommy approved. From long locks to clean shaven, here are 9 stylish cuts that the whole family will love.
1. Layered Curls: If your kiddo has curls for days, a few well-placed cuts can introduce layers to lighten her hair load (and tangle woes). Keeping her hair dry during her haircut can be extra helpful in determining the layers and shape of her cut. (via Inner Circle Photography)
2. Medium waves: If your mini-me is reluctant to give up her long hair, this cut, featured on actress Bailee Madison, is a good compromise. Mix in some long layers, and she won’t even miss her lengthy locks. (Photo via Imeh Akpanudosen/Getty)
3. Bob: From Jessica Alba to Emma Stone, some of Hollywood’s most gorgeous leading ladies have rocked this cut. It’s easy to grow out, so you can save a few trips to the salon. (Photo via In Bleu Photography)
4. Blunt bangs: Get edgy! Admittedly, this type of bang cut is a bit more high maintenance, but the payoff is so gorgeous. You’ll need to trim them every few weeks, but once your kid gets tired of the look, you can always style them into side swept bangs. Now that’s a twofer we like. (Photo via ukburberry)
5. Pixie: This cut only needs one word to describe it: iconic. Not only will you save money on shampoo, but there are tons of fun ways to style a pixie cut. (Photo via Fresh Sugar Blog)
6. Spikes: Now on to the boys. If your little guy likes to keep his locks long, battle bedhead with soft spikes. He’ll be the coolest kid on the playground. (Photo via Little Peanut Magazine)
7. Mohawk: Even if he doesn’t have long locks, he can still sport this rocker-chic look by keeping his hair long on top. (Photo via Chichi, Romeo and Me)
8. Short Cut: Romeo Beckham is just too suave for his own good. This cut is short enough to keep mom happy and long enough for some versatile looks. Plus, if Victoria Beckham approves, so should you. (Photo via Burberry)
9. Undercut: We can’t argue with this cool cut. Think of it like a (nicer looking) mullet — business on the sides, party in the front. (Photo via Groovy Baby and Mama)
Which one of these looks do you want to try? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)