7 Beat-the-Heat Ab Workouts You Can Do in 10 Minutes or Less
We know it by now: There are no shortcuts to getting toned abs. No matter how many times we’ve looked up the best non-crunch ab exercises and best Pilates routines to tone our stomachs, we still have to drop our booties on the yoga mat and crunch it out. The only thing that makes a core workout more brutal is 90-degree weather. This summer, instead of dragging yourself out of your comfy PJs for a one-hour sweaty gym sesh, try out a short, more air-con friendly option. All you need to get a six-pack (or at least stronger abs) is a quick pre-workout snack, your smartphone and 10 minutes to do these seven indoor workouts.
1. How to Get a Six Pack: Let’s break it down: 10 exercises, 30 seconds each, twice through. Doesn’t seem too bad, right? With Rebecca-Louise’s #realgirl commentary and ab-crushing moves, this 10-minute routine is guaranteed to get you up and moving this AM. (via XHIT Daily)
2. 10-Minute at Home Abdominal and Oblique Exercises: With over 3.5 million views on YouTube, this Miami bikini model’s 10-minute workout will definitely crunch away a sleepy Monday. Just follow along with her quick but effective routine for a stronger core. (via Bikini Model Fitness)
3. 10-Minute Cardio Dance Abs Workout: After a couple days of traditional ab workouts, it’s time to mix things up. Turn on some upbeat tunes and dance your way to killer abs. Not only is this a grueling 10-minute workout, but you just might learn some weekend moves too. (via BeFiT)
4. 10-Minute Ab Sculpting Workout to Blast Belly Fat: Happy hump day! Treat yourself for making it halfway through the work week with this classic Cassey Ho ab-blasting workout. Yes, your core will be on fire after the first 30 seconds, but Cassey’s bubbly personality and encouragement will surely keep you from swearing at her through your smartphone. (via Blogilates)
5. 10-Minute Abs Workout for Bad Backs: Crunches and sit-ups can wreak havoc on your back, so you’re probably going to start to feel some tension in your spine around this point in the week. That doesn’t mean you have to take a day off, though. Jessica Smith’s ingenious ab workout for bad backs will still have you feeling the burn, just not in your lower back. (via Jessica Smith TV)
6. Yoga Abs: 10-Minute Core Strengthening Ab Workout: It’s Fri-yaaaaay! Before setting off for your last workday of the week, pop down onto your yoga mat for a quick ab-strengthening yoga routine. By combining classic ab exercises with core strengthening yoga poses, this low-intensity workout is just the thing to get your energy levels up this morning. (via Yoga TX)
7. 10-Minute Ab Challenge: Just because you have the day off from work doesn’t mean you want to spend the entire day toning up those abs. Check out Natalie Jill’s four essential ab exercises in this video (seriously, walk-ins will definitely have you breaking a sweat) and build your own 10-minute routine. Then pack up your mat, ditch your workout gear and enjoy your summery Saturday! (via Natalie Jill Fitness)
Do you have a killer ab exercise you think we should try? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
(Photo via Getty)