These Glam Summer Destinations Are Giving Us Major Decor Goals
Your case of #wanderlust is very real RN, but a getaway just isn’t on the agenda. So why not create your own exotic summer vacation right in your own home? Start by taking cues from these picture-perfect locations to inspire your decor. Filled with rich colors and textures and exotic patterns and designs, these destinations will leave you motivated to make the most of your space — no TSA or traveling required.
1. Key West, Florida: Take cues from this Key West bar by introducing intricate patterns into your serving station. Throw in a couple of fun bar stools and maybe a print or two to make your watering hole as inviting as this tropical take. (Photo via Bungalow 1)
2. Harbour Island, Bahamas: Recreate the #islandlife as you step into your home. Match some Bahama brights with some prints and plant life for a bold duo that’ll have you craving coladas and beach time before you enter. (Photo via Look Linger Love)
3. Paris, France: Opt for a romantic French-inspired bedroom. Start by adding velvet accents, then mix in soft pieces like flowing drapes and blush-colored florals for a totally Parisian-approved space. (Photo via The Chriselle Factor)
4. Palm Beach, Florida: The pops of teal, green, and blue here are major cool-hued eye candy. While the look may be more on the preppy end, you can throw in a few tropical prints if you want a more beachy look. (Photo via Architectural Digest)
5. Ibiza, Spain: Boho vibes can work anywhere, including your dining space. Match rustic-styled seating with palm leaves and colorful candles to create the perfect al fresco spot. (Photo via Style Files)
6. Lisbon, Portugal: We love the color displayed outside this Lisbon locale. Add your own entryway trays or tiles to mirror the same style. Just be sure to secure your new additions in place to avoid any unwanted casualties! (Photo via The Overseas Escape)
7. Capri, Italy: Paint your front door (or other accents) in the shade of blue that speaks to you. Hang a mirror and other hand-painted chairs close to echo the same coastal Capri scene. (Photo via I Design Arch)
8. Mexico City, Mexico: Take a note from this Mexico City pad by infusing color into your seating area. Using warm hues, you can create extra flair in the room where you’ll be doing all your entertaining. (Photo via Apartment Therapy)
Follow us on Pinterest for more travel-inspired decor!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)