The scent of your body is an important part of your style… we’re serious. You want your signature scent to match your #ootd and your TPO (time, place and occasion… it’s a thing) no matter if you’re going on a date, trying to impress your boss at work or simply trying to hide the fact that you failed to take a shower this morning. (Hey, it happens.) So let’s explore 14 summer fragrances that you’re going to want to spritz on your bod all summer long.
1. Le Labo Jasmin 17 ($240/3.4oz): If you love floral scents, this is the one for you. But it isn’t all fields of petals here, woody and musky notes give the scent a subtle twist. It pairs best with a margarita at the beach bar.
2. Sweet Anthem Juliet Eau de Parfum ($18/0.34oz): This fragrance, sold in the Brit + Co Shop, is honoring Shakespeare’s famous girl in love, Juliet. Clove, mango and pink pepper notes should give your summer a refreshing start.
3. Dolce + Gabbanna Light Blue Escape to Panarea ($55/0.8oz): You don’t need to go to the Aeolian-island near Sicily, Panarea, to be a world-class jetsetter. This seductive citrus-woody blend is just what you need to feel like you’re on a luxurious summer vacay every day.
4. Atelier de Geste The Good Earth ($130/1.7oz): Beginning with a fresh leaf bouquet as the top note, this fragrance has earthy characteristics with a combination of peony and bamboo heart notes. It’s a unisex fragrance. So spritz it on your partner for a matching scent.
5. Carven L’eau de Toilette ($170/3.3oz): This fragrance is as light as air. It’s also refreshing, energizing and feminine with sweet pea as its main scent.
6. Clean Cool Cotton ($69/2.14 oz): Cool Cotton is another super light and refreshing scent. With one or two squirts, it’s like you’re wearing sun-dried linens in the summer breeze.
7. Marc Jacobs Daisy Delight Eau de Toilette Limited Edition ($75/1.7oz): Daisy Delight is a rush of sweet floral. You’ll enjoy the fragrance as much as you’ll enjoy its cute, little bottle.
8. Issey Miyake L’eau D’Issey Lotus ($98 /3oz): Issey Miyake’s new fragrance is subtle and consists of all the great earthy notes of lotus, jasmine, hyacinth and white musk. This is the zen-est bottle of fragrance out there.
9. Make Perfume Not War Eau de Parfum ($205/4oz): A percentage from the profits of each bottle sold goes to charities aiming to improve children’s lives. You can choose between five different causes, and that smells pretty great to us.
10. Victoria’s Secret Limited Edition Very Sexy Now Eau de Parfum ($49/1.7oz): This limited edition twist on the Very Sexy fragrance is an even more exotic, sexy and glamorous scent than the original. Fruity florals with coconut orchards make it a must-have fragrance for hot days and even hotter nights. Hurry to the store though! There aren’t many bottles left!
11. Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet Eau de Toilette ($75/1.7oz): All Natalie Portman fans are loving this new edition of Miss Dior. It was released in early January, but this elegant yet refreshing scent makes it very much a must-have fragrance throughout spring and summer. In fact, it’s that timelessness that makes it one to have in your fragrance collection always.
12. Prada Candy Florale ($68/1.7oz): Scents of candy and floral bouquets come together to create this unapologetically sweet smell. But just what does it smell like? How about honey, peony and caramel? We don’t know whether to wear it or drink it.
13. Burberry Brit Rhythm Eau de Toilette ($90/3oz): The top notes of English lavender and pink peppercorn lend way to a base of musky wood. Although the thought of gloomy British weather doesn’t seem to brighten up the summer much, this fragrance offers a perfect balance of spicy, fruity and woody bases that make you want to spray it on in any weather condition.
14. California Citrus Sunshine Perfume: Are you still looking for a summer DIY project? Then make your own citrus sunshine perfume. You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to make this seven-ingredient bottle full of California dream. (via Henry Happened)
What’s your favorite summer fragrance? Share your comments below!