20 Big Ways to Say Thanks for National Thank You Month
Let’s face it: January is usually a time of me, me, me as we focus on keeping our New Year’s resolutions. But in reality, January is National Thank You Month — a chance to thank others in your life for being a rad friend, sister, teacher or even host. With a few weeks left, there’s still time to spread the thanks. Here are 20 gifts that’ll help you stretch those thanking muscles.
2. Knit a Blanket: Want to give someone a warm and fuzzy feeling? A warm and fuzzy blanket should do the trick quite nicely. Oh, and you can knit this blanket in 45 minutes by using your arms as the knitting needles. Yep, your arms. Nothing like working for your thank you gift. Hello, toned arms. (via Simply Maggie)
3. Cookie Thanks: Encourage your whole family to remember what they’re thankful for. All you need are some yummy sugar cookies and food coloring pens to spread the message of thanks. (via Bake at 350)
4. Quick Bread in a Bottle: Whether you’re making this for your kiddo’s classroom teacher or your awesome coworker, they’ll be thrilled to receive everything they need to make chocolate-chip oatmeal bread, all housed in an adorable mason jar. (via Sunset)
5. Pretzels with a Twist: A pretzel dipped in brown sugar rosemary Dijon will have them saying, “Fheink vu.” (That translates to “thank you” when your mouth is full of this deliciousness). (via Country Living)
11. Soy Glad We’re Friends: ($18): Let your BFF know just how thankful you are to have her in your life with this sweet-scented soy candle.
12. The Great Guest ($100): Score major guest points with your hostess by gifting her the ultimate thank-you gift. This gift basket is brimming with gratitude goodies that you both can enjoy.
13. Hand Them an Emergency Compliment ($10): A compliment can make anyone’s day. Here are 60 that you can be guaranteed they have never heard before. Just tear it out from the book and pass it on.
15. Custom Vintage Cocktail Spoon ($15): Get them a spoon with their drink of choice stamped on it and maybe they’ll give you a tasty drink in return.
16. Bamboo Bathtub Caddy ($50): Remember those ah-maz-ing homemade bath salts we mentioned earlier? Well, they pretty much need this handy caddy that takes bathing to the next level. Gift this to your BFF who works too hard, so she can relax and enjoy her wine. (We’ll take two, please!).
17. Monogrammed Cosmetic Bag ($44): You got this thank you in the bag. Chic, stylish and pretty personal, these makeup bags will make any beauty lover feel the love.
18. David’s Tea Starter Kit ($30): Relax and let loose with this gift featuring the perfecting starting point into the world of loose tea. Complete with all the tea you need, the Perfect Spoon (no really, that’s the name) and drawstring filters, this gift will make a tea addict out of anyone.
19. Friendship Beaded Bracelet ($25): Giving your friend a matching bracelet is like the football star giving away his letterman jacket. It’s not only the ultimate compliment, it’s a sweet way to say thank you too.
20. You Are the Gin to My Tonic Print ($25): Now all their guests will know how truly amazing they are, thanks to this thank-you wall art.
How will you be saying thanks? Tell us in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)