Thanksgiving is almost here, and with it comes the excitement — and sometimes anxiety — of creating the ultimate holiday dinner menu. You’ve been scouring the Internet for the perfect mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie and, of course, turkey recipes. While you’re planning, don’t forget the small stuff that can take the meal to the next level, like gravy. Oh, and don’t forget the cocktails. Whether you’re a meat-eater, vegetarian or vegan, we’ve got you covered with these 13 yummy gravy recipes.
1. Vegan Mushroom Gravy: If you’re looking for a creamy vegetarian gravy, this is your jam. Made with dried Porcini mushrooms and spices galore, it’s so flavorful that you won’t even realize it’s meat- and dairy-free. (via Veganosity)
2. Vegetarian Gravy Four Ways: This blogger is so into gravy that she couldn’t even choose one. Here are four takes on vegetarian gravy to top all your favorite Thanksgiving foods — minus dessert. (via Girl Makes Food)
5. Beer and Sweet Onion Vegan Gravy: It’s the holiday season, so we’re guessing you have some extra booze in your fridge for celebration. Use it for this recipe made of beer and sweet onions. Bonus: It’s vegan. (via May I Have That Recipe)
8. Caramelized Shallot Bacon Gravy: Bacon is basically good with anything, so it only makes sense to add it to your gravy. Add caramelized shallots, and you have one delicious combo. (via Just Putzing Around the Kitchen)
12. Ultimate Keto Gravy: If you’re on a Keto/Paleo diet, you’ll want to try this gravy made with ghee (butter used in Indian cooking), Dijon mustard, mushrooms, coconut milk and more irresistible ingredients. (via Keto Diet Blog)
Are you planning on making gravy for Thanksgiving? Share your favorite recipe here.