10 Instagram Hairstyles That Are All About Curl Power
Sometimes it feels like our tresses have a mind of their own, especially when we’re trying to style our curly hair. Rather than trying to fight this beauty battle, we say the heck with it — embrace your natural-born mane. Lucky for you naturally curly ladies, tight curls are a must this season; the playful style was all over the SS16 runways. Even if you aren’t blessed with #wokeuplikethis ringlets, with a little bit of product and a couple styling tools, you too can sport shaggy, textured hair all day long. See how 10 Instababes wore this curl power trend below.
1. Disco Fever: Incorporate a right-now trend into a retro look for major style points. Go full-on ’70s glam with a pair of hoops and some statement curls, and you’re ready to own the dance floor with your favorite girls.
2. Shine On: Let your curls do all the talking with an uber-shiny finish a la this blogger’s ‘do. Recreate the bouncy look by adding a healthy dose of serum to your locks, then pair with a furry topper to add some texture to your casual-meets-chic ensemble.
3. Day to Night: With a little bit of mousse and a pop of red on the lips, you can easily copy Jade’s anytime-appropriate look. Pin the top of your hair back (and don’t forget to fill the brows!) for a super trendy girl-next-door style.
View this post on Instagram
I've literally been obsessed with curly weaves, extensions and wigs lately. I'm on a mission to try every form of curly hair on the market. This here is my new shawty from @curlgenetics. I'm wearing the curly texture in lengths 20, 22, & 22 with a lace closure. You already know I got a video coming soon with more details. Stay tuned.
A post shared by Brandi Lofton (@brandilou88) on
4. Wild Thing: Let out your inner wild child by sporting a long, super-curly mane. Take it all the way with a look-at-me lip and statement jewelry.
5. Dreamy Waves: Give your tight curls some majorly romantic vibes with this no-fuss, undone look. Lightly tease the ends for extra dimension.
6. Tomboy Tresses: Let your hair do its thing by embracing your natural frizz. Forgo the heavy products and simply add lip balm for a no-fuss look that will get you out the door in two minutes flat.
7. Rings of Fire: Embrace naturally voluminous hair by rocking full-bodied ringlet curls. Keep your makeup minimal for an overall carefree attitude.
8. Curls for Days: If your hair is curly like this model’s, mimic her look by adding just a bit of product and letting your tresses do their thing. Dress it up or down for date night with bae or brunch with the girls.
View this post on Instagram
"Someone once told me that the way peacock feathers are made is from peacocks eating thorns. What a beautiful image, that the harsh things we have to digest can contribute to our beauty. But not always. Only when we open up enough to really take in the horror, oddly enough. Resistance and defense only make the error more real, and increase our pain." 🖖🏾💎🍾 More from @mariannewilliamson in today's post. (Link in profile)
A post shared by Erica Lavelanet (@ericalave) on
9. Vacay Curls: In the market for a new beachy hairstyle? Match these effortless tousled curls with your favorite cover-up and a hot pink lip for major tropical vibes.
10. Sleepy Head: Whether this beauty maven woke up like this or not, her hair game is on fire. Embrace the natural texture of your hair for a #lazygirl style gone so right.
Will you give the tight-curl trend a go this season? Follow us on Pinterest for more spring trends and beauty tips.