7 People Who Will Flip Over This Kellogg’s x Typo Collab
Ahhh, breakfast. Is there any other meal that gets as much love? Whether you favor the latest trendy croissant hybrid or just a hard-working mug of black coffee, breakfast taps into some of our fondest childhood memories of Saturday morning cartoons and digging into marshmallow-laden cereal boxes for that “Special Surprise Inside!” And the folks at Australian stationery brand Typo apparently have the same enthusiasm for breakfast we do. They recently teamed up with Kellogg’s to release a special capsule that draws from archival cereal box imagery and modern breakfast habits alike. “We saw a great opportunity to partner with iconic brand Kellogg’s to really tap into the nostalgia that our customers have with cereal,” says Katie Fanshawe, trend and innovation manager of Typo. “Our design team have put an unexpected twist on some of the breakfast classics across stationery and gift items so they can enjoy cereal all day!” And really, what’s better than that? Here are 7 people we think will be particularly tickled by the new releases.
1. Your friend who still says, “I drink your milkshake”: Graduate from novelty extra-long straws to this incognito extra-long Extendable Spoon ($10). It’s also ideal for those times when you say you’re “not hungry” and then your bestie starts snacking on something delish and you regret everything. Go ahead, sneak a taste.
2. Your work bud who’s a minor meal-planning celeb on YouTube: We’re still not 100 percent sure what “counting your macros” means, but your coworker who is steadily building a #fitspo following definitely does. And that means this Extra-Large Magnetic Planner ($20) meal-planning calendar is perfect for them.
3. Your artsy pal with the (semi-unhealthy) Andy Warhol obsession: Got a Factory Girl wannabe in your crew? Us too. A-peel (get it?) to their pop art sensibilities with this delightful pencil case (available in stores only; similar styles here).
4. Your old college roommate who *still* drinks milk straight from the jug: You must’ve had “the talk” a dozen times, but some roommates were just born to chug from the carton. Poke fun at their habits (or just make it socially acceptable to indulge in their vice) with this milk-inspired water bottle. (Available in stores only)
5. Your fashionista friend who can truly pull off anything: Banana slippers ain’t nothing but a challenge for this fab friend. Pair these Novelty Slippers ($25) with some out-of-print copies of FRUiTS to really get a laugh.
6. Your roommate who once set off the smoke alarms by microwaving a Pop-Tart with the wrapper on: It happens to the best of us, right? Foil and microwaves don’t mix, but you and your roommate go together like frosted strawberry and sprinkles. This cute zipper case will help her stay organized, which might mean a little more brainpower left for focusing on the (breakfast) tasks at hand. (Available in stores only, similar style here)
7. Your boo who goes absolutely apeshit if he hasn’t eaten yet: We all know somebody who turns into a literal demon whenever they stray from three square meals. Keep the peace with this Big Mug Bowl ($20), which seals up tight for emergency on-the-go mealtimes. Now exhale. Phew.
Who are you getting these breakfast-themed finds for? Let us know over @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Images via Typo)