17 Tasty Recipes to Upgrade Croissants
Mornings can be hard sometimes (especially Monday mornings) and a solid routine is the only way to get through them. But the downside of routines is that sometimes they can be… kind of a snore. When you’re bleary-eyed and you just want to head back to bed, that’s no way to stay fresh and awake. One way to strike a balance is to find a little something to add to help you reenergize your morning while still keeping it quick and effortless. Maybe that thing is a delicious new take on a classic breakfast item, like the croissant. We’ve gathered a few eclectic ideas that will add a little pizzazz to your morning routine.
1. Almond Croissant Twists: A fresh take on the classic almond croissant. They almost beg to be dunked in a cup of coffee or used to scoop the foam off the top of a cappuccino. (via Kitchen Sanctuary)
2. Croissant Sandwich Casserole: It’s not just a croissant update, but a whole new take on the croissant sandwich. Throw a couple sandwiches in a pan, whip up a few ingredients, cook and enjoy. Easy as… croissant casserole! (via Fuss Free Cooking)
3. Sour Mandarin Compote Croissants: This recipe thoroughly blows the traditional croissant and jam combo out of the water by walking you through assembling an amazing compote that could possibly replace jam in your life forever. (via The Moonblush Baker)
5. Sausage Croissant Stuffing: This recipe takes classic sausage stuffing and replaces the bread crumbs with croissant pieces. Are you immediately re-imagining every stuffing recipe you know like we are? (via Host the Toast)
7. Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding: Serve this at an upcoming brunch for a definite win — everyone loves bread pudding, but this recipe takes it to a yummier level, perfect for your more adventurous-eater guests while remaining familiar enough for the traditionalists. (via The Food Network)
8. Layered Chocolate Croissant: A San Francisco bakery put this genius spin on chocolate croissants. Talk about respecting the ingredients — layers and layers of delicious chocolate? Delicious in every bite! (via Pottery Barn)
11. Savory Croissant Sandwiches: A bakery in Singapore came up with these game-changing plays on savory croissants, including the hot dog-esque Flying Pig. Did someone say vacay? (via Honeycombers Singapore)
16. The Cruffin: They’ve been eying each other for a while and finally got together. Croissant and muffin, may you have a long, happy and banana creme-filled life together. (via Facebook / Mr. Holmes Bakehouse)
17. Kit Kat Croissant: A Japanese bakery choreographed one of the best mic drops in history: the Kit Kat Croissant. The flakiness of the Kit Kat wafer is such a great compliment to the layered dough of croissants. Take that, old pain au chocolats! (via PopSugar)
Which play on the croissant is tingling your taste buds? Let us know in the comments below.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!