17 Tasty Recipes to Upgrade Croissants
Mornings can be hard sometimes (especially Monday mornings) and a solid routine is the only way to get through them. But the downside of routines is that sometimes they can be… kind of a snore. When you’re bleary-eyed and you just want to head back to bed, that’s no way to stay fresh and awake. One way to strike a balance is to find a little something to add to help you reenergize your morning while still keeping it quick and effortless. Maybe that thing is a delicious new take on a classic breakfast item, like the croissant. We’ve gathered a few eclectic ideas that will add a little pizzazz to your morning routine.
1. Almond Croissant Twists: A fresh take on the classic almond croissant. They almost beg to be dunked in a cup of coffee or used to scoop the foam off the top of a cappuccino. (via Kitchen Sanctuary)
2. Croissant Sandwich Casserole: It’s not just a croissant update, but a whole new take on the croissant sandwich. Throw a couple sandwiches in a pan, whip up a few ingredients, cook and enjoy. Easy as… croissant casserole! (via Fuss Free Cooking)
3. Sour Mandarin Compote Croissants: This recipe thoroughly blows the traditional croissant and jam combo out of the water by walking you through assembling an amazing compote that could possibly replace jam in your life forever. (via The Moonblush Baker)
5. Sausage Croissant Stuffing: This recipe takes classic sausage stuffing and replaces the bread crumbs with croissant pieces. Are you immediately re-imagining every stuffing recipe you know like we are? (via Host the Toast)
7. Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding: Serve this at an upcoming brunch for a definite win — everyone loves bread pudding, but this recipe takes it to a yummier level, perfect for your more adventurous-eater guests while remaining familiar enough for the traditionalists. (via The Food Network)
8. Layered Chocolate Croissant: A San Francisco bakery put this genius spin on chocolate croissants. Talk about respecting the ingredients — layers and layers of delicious chocolate? Delicious in every bite! (via Pottery Barn)
11. Savory Croissant Sandwiches: A bakery in Singapore came up with these game-changing plays on savory croissants, including the hot dog-esque Flying Pig. Did someone say vacay? (via Honeycombers Singapore)
16. The Cruffin: They’ve been eying each other for a while and finally got together. Croissant and muffin, may you have a long, happy and banana creme-filled life together. (via Facebook / Mr. Holmes Bakehouse)
17. Kit Kat Croissant: A Japanese bakery choreographed one of the best mic drops in history: the Kit Kat Croissant. The flakiness of the Kit Kat wafer is such a great compliment to the layered dough of croissants. Take that, old pain au chocolats! (via PopSugar)
Which play on the croissant is tingling your taste buds? Let us know in the comments below.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.