14 of the Sweetest Valentine’s Day Dessert Recipes Ever
Whether you’re coupled up or flying solo, Valentine’s Day isn’t complete without a little something sweet. Each of these 14 desserts is certain to hearten your day, and the day of those you hold near and dear (if you want to share, that is). From-scratch treats are totally where it’s at this season, so leave the store-bought chocolate and candies to those folks who aren’t in the know, and whip up one of these beauts.
2. Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies: Nothing says Valentine’s Day quite like chocolate and the color red. A batch of these red velvet cookies covers both bases in a very sweet way. (via Chez CateyLou)
3. Nutella-Filled Cinnamon Cupcakes With Nutella Frosting: Look no further — this right here is a surefire way to spice things up on V-Day. (via Sweet Society)
6. Valentine Cake: Perfectly scaled for two, this cake sandwiches fluffy whipped cream in between almond-scented layers. In place of the hearts on top, a pile of raspberries would be an equally nice touch. (via My Name is Yeh)
7. Broken Heart Cake: Crushed conversation hearts are the key to making this totally on-point “broken heart” cake. The white cake paired with vanilla buttercream is sure to be fantastic, but your fave flavor combo would also work just as well. (via Salted and Styled)
8. Love and Hearts Chocolate Cake: Take your cake roll game to the next level with this hand-written masterpiece. The included template will make your love note scrawled on the surface just as swoon-worthy. (via Novice Housewife)
10. Eggs in Snow: Each cupful of luxurious creme angalise topped with milk-poached meringue is a delight for the senses, especially when coupled with the crunch of almond praline and berries. (via The Kiwi Cook)
11. Chocolate-Dipped Wafer Cookies: These no-bake cookie pops are a fun project to get the kiddos involved in. They’ll make for excellent edible Valentines for them to share at school. (via Give Recipe)
12. Raspberry Almond Upside-Down Cake: Move over, pineapple, there are two new upside-down cakes ready to take your place. The flavor of honey-drizzled raspberries and blackberries with this tender buttermilk cake is beyond compare. (via Circa Happy)
14. Conversation Heart Cake: Whatever message you write on top is sure to get the conversation started. Don’t be surprised, though, if things suddenly get a little quieter once you start passing out slices. (via Brit + Co)
What sweets will you make this Valentine’s Day? Share yours with us in the comments!