13 Vegan Food Truck-Inspired Dishes to Eat Before Summer Is Over
Where there are fun summer events, there are food trucks. And where there are food trucks, there’s a plethora of burgers, tacos, and ice cream cones. Basically all the things that vegans can’t enjoy, right? WRONG. With the help of magical ingredients like jackfruit and vegan cheese, folks on a strict plant-based diet can totally recreate food truck faves and indulge. We’re thrilled to get you started with these 13 tasty recipes.
2. Vegan Grilled Pesto Swiss Grilled Cheese: These vibrant ‘wiches are full of herbaceous pesto and, despite being vegan, manage to offer up that melty stretch we covet with the classic grilled cheese. (via Peas and Crayons)
4. Tex-Mex Loaded Sweet Potato Fries: It’s near impossible to pass on a heaping plate of sweet potato fries — especially when they’re smothered with guac, sour cream, vegan cheese, beans, and your fave veggies. (via Euphoric Vegan)
5. Sauerkraut and Sausage Dog: Plant-based sausages are wedged between fresh buns and piled high with sauerkraut, crisp cucumbers, fried onions, and the best damn vegan cheese sauce you’ll ever put in your mouth. (via Well Vegan)
6. Curried Lentil Stuffed Sweet Potatoes: The classic twice-baked potato has got *nothing* on this perfectly baked sweet potato loaded with lentils, coconut milk, punchy chilis, and fresh herbs. (via Nutritionist Meets Chef)
7. Spicy Cajun Chickpea Veggie Burgers With Jalapeño Aioli: This smokey and substantial chickpea burger brings veggie burgers to a whole new level with its hearty texture and mega flavor — and the homespun jalapeño aioli is AH-mazing. (via Vanilla and Bean)
8. Loaded Vegan Nachos: When you top tortilla chips with rice, beans, juicy tomatoes, spicy chilis, and corn, magical things happen; you’ll never look at other nacho platters again. (via Wholesome Patisserie)
9. Loaded Baked Potatoes: Thanks to vegan bacon bits, cheese, and sour cream, folks on a plant-based diet can bask in the joys of a classic loaded baked potato without missing a beat. (via Well Vegan)
11. Vegan Pizza Rolls: Swap the usual sweet cinnamon rolls for these savory and delectable pizza rolls crammed with vegan mozzarella, vegan pepperoni, fresh basil, and marinara goodness. (via Serving Realness)
13. Jackfruit Philly Cheesesteaks: This gloriously bulky and cheesy ‘wich replicates its meaty predecessor in the best way with non-dairy cheese, smokey jackfruit, and tender cooked onions and peppers. (via Fettle Vegan)
For more dreamy vegan nosh, follow us on Pinterest.