It’s so hot outside that if we could eat air conditioning, we totally would. But we can’t (and shouldn’t), so naturally we’re turning to the most wonderful frozen food in the world for comfort — ice cream. But if you’re viciously vegan or positively paleo, you might not be able to just pop into the local parlor for a cone. Fear not, though, ice cream can still be on the menu with these 23 amazing recipes. Some of these hacks are vegan and some are paleo, but we assure you they’re all delicious!
3. Tarragon + Mint Ice Cream: Blogger Anya Kassoff was inspired by the mountains of fresh herbs she always saw at Russian markets near her mother’s home when she created this recipe. We would’ve never thought to add tarragon to ice cream, but her gorgeous imagery makes it an obvious choice by the end of her little culinary story. (via Golubka Kitchen)
9. Paleo Espresso Stracciatella Gelato, Salted Caramel + Honey Roasted Almonds: We can’t even. This blogger is 15-years-old and cooks/eats at least seven times better than we do now. (via The Foodie Teen)
17. Pistachio Ice Cream: So many of the vegan and paleo ice creams are made with coconut milk, but this one actually uses homemade pistachio milk. You can make it using the same recipe as our homemade almond milk. (via Nutrition Stripped)
18. Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream With Coconut Cream + Roasted Almonds: Vegan or otherwise, we’re eating all of this. You’ll have to make your own. (via A Tasty Love Story)
19. Paleo Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream: One excellent thing about ice cream of the vegan, paleo and lactose-free variety is that it can be whipped up in just 20 minutes. Oh, and blueberries. (via My Whole Food Life)
21. Vegan Thin Mint Ice Cream: Leftover Girl Scout cookies? Yeah right, leftover Girl Scout cookies is not a thing… but if you do happen to have an extra box, you should consider throwing them in this minty fresh treat. (via Seitan Beats Your Meat)
22. Vegan Grilled Mango Chipotle Lime Ice Cream: This blogger shares a trick for keeping this dairy-free ice cream creamy without the eggs. It starts with “v” and it rhymes with “podka.” (via Bare Root)
23. Vegan Coconut Rum Hot Fudge Sundae With Sugared Pecans: There are so many things about this recipe that seem too good to be true. Are we dreaming? Nope, it’s just a really great, guilt-free sundae. (via The Pretty Bee)
Any ice cream recipes in your arsenal that you’re willing to share? Do so in the comments below so we can indulge, too!