Freeze! 23 Vegan + Paleo Ice Cream Hacks
It’s so hot outside that if we could eat air conditioning, we totally would. But we can’t (and shouldn’t), so naturally we’re turning to the most wonderful frozen food in the world for comfort — ice cream. But if you’re viciously vegan or positively paleo, you might not be able to just pop into the local parlor for a cone. Fear not, though, ice cream can still be on the menu with these 23 amazing recipes. Some of these hacks are vegan and some are paleo, but we assure you they’re all delicious!
3. Tarragon + Mint Ice Cream: Blogger Anya Kassoff was inspired by the mountains of fresh herbs she always saw at Russian markets near her mother’s home when she created this recipe. We would’ve never thought to add tarragon to ice cream, but her gorgeous imagery makes it an obvious choice by the end of her little culinary story. (via Golubka Kitchen)
9. Paleo Espresso Stracciatella Gelato, Salted Caramel + Honey Roasted Almonds: We can’t even. This blogger is 15-years-old and cooks/eats at least seven times better than we do now. (via The Foodie Teen)
17. Pistachio Ice Cream: So many of the vegan and paleo ice creams are made with coconut milk, but this one actually uses homemade pistachio milk. You can make it using the same recipe as our homemade almond milk. (via Nutrition Stripped)
18. Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream With Coconut Cream + Roasted Almonds: Vegan or otherwise, we’re eating all of this. You’ll have to make your own. (via A Tasty Love Story)
19. Paleo Lemon Blueberry Ice Cream: One excellent thing about ice cream of the vegan, paleo and lactose-free variety is that it can be whipped up in just 20 minutes. Oh, and blueberries. (via My Whole Food Life)
21. Vegan Thin Mint Ice Cream: Leftover Girl Scout cookies? Yeah right, leftover Girl Scout cookies is not a thing… but if you do happen to have an extra box, you should consider throwing them in this minty fresh treat. (via Seitan Beats Your Meat)
22. Vegan Grilled Mango Chipotle Lime Ice Cream: This blogger shares a trick for keeping this dairy-free ice cream creamy without the eggs. It starts with “v” and it rhymes with “podka.” (via Bare Root)
23. Vegan Coconut Rum Hot Fudge Sundae With Sugared Pecans: There are so many things about this recipe that seem too good to be true. Are we dreaming? Nope, it’s just a really great, guilt-free sundae. (via The Pretty Bee)
Any ice cream recipes in your arsenal that you’re willing to share? Do so in the comments below so we can indulge, too!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)