9 Plant-Based Campfire Recipes for Meatless Monday
There are umpteen camping recipes out there to make eating in the woods a total breeze. But, if you're vegetarian, you know that camping with a group of meat-eating friends can be tricky AF. Thankfully with some smart planning, you can pack your own vegetarian skewers or hearty veggie burgers and come out a total champ. Even your omnivore friends will be drooling! In fact, you might want to bring some extra ingredients, because these nine veg-centric recipes will have everyone but the bears sniffin' around that campfire.
1. Easy Skillet Mexican Corn on the Cob: You can bring the taste of the city to the woods with this Mexican street corn-inspired skillet dish. Tossed with mayo, chili powder, lime, and cojita cheese, this veg option will have you smiling ear to ear. (via My Diary of Us)
2. Sweet Potato and Peanut Stew: If you want to warm your belly while sitting by that crackling fire, this healthy and hearty stew will do the trick. It's loaded with sweet potatoes, chickpeas, and rich peanut-y goodness. (via Fresh Off the Grid)
3. 30-Minute Tuscan White Bean Skillet: Pack up your pantry staples and your best skillet; this easy peasy meal is loaded with tender white beans and veggies, and is *perfect* for campfire cookin'! Get in my belly. (via The Wanderlust Kitchen)
4. Skillet Veggie Lasagna: Making lasagna while camping might seem outlandish, but with a skillet and a few simple ingredients, it's a GO. And, if you're handy with a blow-torch, you can fake the cheese-melting broil we covet! (via Gimme Some Oven)
5. Migas (Mexican Egg and Tortilla Breakfast Skillet): This robust breakfast will give you ALL the energy you need for those outdoor activities. Eggs are scrambled in a skillet with veggies and crispy tortillas for a healthful start to your busy day. (via Isabel Eats)
6. Garlic Parmesan Broccoli and Potatoes in Foil: If your love for garlicky + cheesy broccoli knows no bounds, you need this recipe for your next camping trip. Tossed with hearty potatoes, you can enjoy this bad boy as a side or gobble it up as a main. (via Damn Delicious)
7. Middle Eastern Spiced Campfire Chickpeas: This dish is simplicity in its finest form. Create the Middle Eastern seven-spice mix in advance, and you'll be set to make this super chill chickpea feast in the middle of nowhere. (via Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary)
8. One-Pot Quinoa Cannellini Beans Skillet: You can bring your fave flavors camping with this Italian plant-based one-pot wonder. Quinoa is mixed with fresh veggies and seasoned to perfection for some shareable crave-worthy campfire noms. (via Family Food on the Table)
9. Kung Pao White Beans Skillet: This plant-based spin on Kung Pao chicken brings white beans and peanuts to your paper plate for a healthy dose of protein. The sauce is sweet and spicy, but you can kick things up further with jalapeño or dried chilis because why not. (via Full of Plants)
For more exciting mouth-watering meatless recipes, find us on Pinterest.
Born in Canada and now living in the beautiful state of North Carolina, Dana is a coffee-reliant food writer with a healthy appetite, a taste for culinary adventure, a thirst for good beers, and an endless hunger for food photography. When not writing for Brit + Co, she can be found pouring herself into her blog-turned-webzine, Killing Thyme, or taste-testing at local breweries with her husband. Dana's ideal down time includes pizza, marathoning on Netflix, or watching her fave flicks from the 80s and 90s - no matter how great or awful they are!