12 Filling Veggie Enchilada Recipes for Meatless Mondays
Even if you love meat, you might be surprised by all of the amazing veggie options that are out there for Mexican food lovers (vegetarian tacos, anyone?). Of course, we love traditional enchiladas in all their beefy glory, but these vegetable options have us taking a second look. With ingredients like avocado (helloooo), roasted vegetables, lots of cheese and even a squash hollowed out to act as a vessel, these dishes are enough to make us take a break from meat and indulge in veggies for a minute. We’re thinking outside the tortilla and sharing a mix of traditional and unexpected options, so check out these 12 veggie-filled recipes to add a little enchilada to your meatless Monday.
2. Vegetarian Enchilada Spaghetti Squash Boats: Seeing this makes us want to grow an entire squash garden. These boats are filled to the brim with black beans, every color of bell pepper under the sun, a lotta Mexican-blend shredded cheese and, of course, the spaghetti squash itself. (via Kara Lydon)
3. Cheesy Black Bean and Corn Enchiladas: This classic veggie combo packs a big flavor punch between two different cheeses and fresh cut scallions. Don’t forget to broil these for a few minutes before taking them out of the oven to get a little crisp on top. Trust us. (via Aggie’s Kitchen)
4. Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas: You’re sacrificing any cheese — or flavor, for that matter — when it comes to this tortilla stuffed with savory veggies and fresh spices. Top it with fresh cilantro for a pretty party look. (via Lemon Tree Dwelling)
5. Cheesy Veggie Enchilada Skillet Rice: Holy cheese and rice! This absolutely delicious enchilada-themed rice can be served as the main dish or on the side. Either way, all we know is we’re having two servings. (via Domestic Superhero)
6. Creamy Spinach Enchiladas: Nothing feels better than knowing that a notoriously cheesy and delicious meal is also a little healthy. Stuffing these with a superfood like spinach is a game changer and definitely creates a new category all its own. (via Six Sisters’ Stuff)
7. Enchilada Stuffed Grilled Portobello Mushrooms: Portobellos are just about as close to meat as vegetarians can get. They’re filled with so much flavor and are the perfect vehicle for an enchilada. Plus, these are made on the grill, and everyone knows that all food is better when it’s made on the grill. (via Sweet Peas and Saffron)
8. Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas: This recipe recommends roasting an entire pan of vegetables — that’s just how loaded these enchiladas are. Don’t worry though — you’ll eventually add two cups of cheese, so you’ll still get your creamy fix too. (via Gimme Some Oven)
9. Vegetarian Stacked Enchilada Pie: If you want to bring an unexpected dish to your next gathering, this is it. Slicing into an enchilada pie will have everyone asking two things: How did you make it, and what’s the recipe?! (via The Wanderlust Kitchen)
10. Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas: Sweet potatoes usually aren’t the first thing that come to mind when baking enchiladas, but they’re winning us over here. Pro tip: Greek yogurt makes a great, healthy topper if you want to veto the sour cream. (via Kristine’s Kitchen)
11. Vegetable Enchilada Casserole: Don’t be fooled by the word casserole — this dish still has 12 corn tortillas baked in, making it very enchilada-esque. You’ll also need some extra time with this one though, because the red sauce is homemade. (via Budget Bytes)
12. Veggie Black Bean Enchiladas: Spinach, broccoli, bell peppers, onion — you name it, these enchiladas have it! To add to the health factor, all those vegetables are wrapped up in whole wheat tortillas. (via Cookie + Kate)
Want more meatless recipes? Follow us on Pinterest!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)