It’s hard to believe we’re already thinking Halloween over here, but it’s never too early to start thinking about your costume. If not, you could be stuck being an Angry Bird again and we know you can do better than that. Our favorite place to draw Halloween inspiration is nostalgia — and video games are full of colorful characters with a lot of personality. One up everybody this year with a video game-inspired Halloween costume that’s sure to score you extra points.
2. Sonic + Tails: These ladies prove that you don’t have to be wearing fishnets and lingerie to look cute on Halloween. You may even find the makings of these colorful Sonic and Tails outfits in your closet already! (via Fashionably Geek)
7. Lara Croft: Tomb Raider’s leading lass just requires a bit of weapons/dirt/fake blood/ponytail accessorizing and a trip into your own closet. It’s a badass costume in a pinch! (via Superhero Photography)
8. Mario Kart: The race is on! Mario costumes can be a little tired, but this group punches it up with an amazing Mario Kart version. Or you could try a Dr. Mario or Mario Tennis angle, too!
11. Little Mac from Punch Out: Pretty sure we came up with something totally genius here, because we couldn’t find any costume examples anywhere on the Internet, but we think you should find some green boxing gloves and a light pink sweatsuit and go for it. Then send us some pictures!
13. Candy Crush Saga: This DIY costume uses beanbags and various plastic fruits to make the Candy Crush board. Just don’t bring the theme song with you or we’ll have to cut you off. (via Jacquie Long Legs)
16. Just Dance: Pick your favorite iconic characters from the Wii game (like the panda bear, obvs) and just dance it out all night long. This would also make a unique group costume, too. Whatever you wear, make sure to do a round of “This Is Halloween” a couple of times before you go out. (via Just Dance)
Are the costume wheels turning? Let us know what you’re going to be in the comments!