This Week’s Commute Essentials: The New Gone Girl + More!
The last week of January is already here (WHAT?!). Can you believe it’s been almost a month since the ball dropped and we all gave a sloppy New Year’s kiss to someone? Yeah, we’re trying to forget that too. We’ve got to get through a couple more weeks (and numerous commutes) before the next big kissing holiday — Valentine’s Day — hits us like cupid’s arrow. Here’s five things to get you through this week’s daily routine so you can make it to the weekend no prob.
1. YouTube Asks Obama: Last week after President Obama’s State of the Union Address, Mr. President sat down for interviews with three of YouTube’s biggest faces — Bethany Mota, GloZell and Hank Green. They discussed everything from marijuana legalization to Cuba, racial profiling to marriage equality and affordable education to a lightning round of pop culture questions. They’re definitely interviews with the POTUS you wouldn’t see on the typical news channels.
2. TGIT Returns: After enduring more than two months of Thursday nights without the Shonda Rhimes-produced, OMG-worthy dramas Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal and How to Get Away With Murder they finally all return this Thursday night. Before grabbing a bowl of popcorn and a glass (or maybe make that a bottle?) of wine to get your live tweet on, refresh your memory on all things Dr. Meredith Grey, Olivia Pope and Annalise Keating on ABC or Hulu. (Photos via Michael Buckner/Getty, Neilson Barnard/Getty and Mark Davis/Getty)
3. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins: You just might be a girl on the train, so why not dive into this thriller? The novel, which is garnering as much attention as Gone Girl did (and has already been optioned for a film), is going to have everyone talking deep into the year. Join the watercooler chat now and tear through this page turner.
4. Unspirational: This Instagram tells the straight up truth, and sometimes that’s what you need in the morning before the caffeine kicks in. Laugh all you want at the sassy text in each post, just don’t say them out loud directly at anyone or you may end up with a letter from HR.
5. The Rideshare Guy: Do you drive for Uber or Lyft in your spare time or as a full time gig? Have you digitally hailed a ride on one of those? Then you’re gonna want to check out this driver’s blog on how to earn more money from driving smarter without working harder. It just could make you a better passenger as well. Fist bumps to that.
What will you be using to get through your commute this week? Let us know in the comments.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.