The Best Indoor Winter Activity for You Based on Your Zodiac Sign
For many parts of the world right now, it’s cold, like bitterly, bracingly and boringly cold. Sure, there’s hot buttered rum to drink, red carpet trends to judge and ski trips to go on (if that’s your thing), but otherwise, winter can feel kind of bleak. To give you some winter activity inspiration, we’ve put together the perfect list of things for you to do based on your zodiac sign. So set up your cozy fairy magic decor, then read through our list and start having fun!
1. Start indoor rock climbing. Your adventurous spirit can’t be slowed down, no matter the season, brave Aries! Take your abundant energy to an indoor rock climbing wall this winter. We know you love conquering new heights (literally and figuratively), and getting your adrenaline going is the perfect way to beat those winter blues.
2. Try wine tastings. There’s no better time than right before wedding season to refine that posh palette of yours, Taurus. Check out your local indie wine shop for tasting classes this winter. With your determination and patience, there’s no doubt you’ll be the star student sommelier (and favorite dinner party guest among your friend group!).
3. Attend art classes. Since you love learning new things, versatile Gemini, we recommend trying an art class to get through the next couple of months. Whether it’s painting, ceramics, weaving or drawing, taking an art class this winter will satisfy the many facets of your curious personality.
Join a book club.your terms this winter. You’ll engage your imagination, meet new people in a secure atmosphere and still get your much-needed alone time while you read.
5. Host game nights. The cold temps can’t put a damper on your enthusiastic spirit, generous Leo. Hosting a game night for friends is a perfectly productive way to channel your bossy streak, and we know you’re always up for some friendly competition!
Learn basic coding.Codecademy, Virgo. You’ll dig the precision and practicality of the profession and love the feeling of accomplishment once you’ve finished a project. Plus, you can turn your new skill into a side hustle that’ll pay for your spring break in no time.
7. Buy an art museum membership. Your need to stay social, current and engaged doesn’t stop just because the temperature drops, right Libra?! Most cities and towns offer memberships to their local museums, which will score you a spot at special openings, lectures, parties and happy hours — not to mention free admission to the museum any time you want it!
8. Go on a tropical vacation. Fiery Scorpio, there’s just no wintery activity that can stand up to your passionate spirit, so away you go! You’re always craving something exciting, new and fresh, and staying cooped up in the house just won’t do. Book a weekend away somewhere warm, and indulge your heated, sexy side.
9. Join an improv group. As the zodiac’s resident comedian, you would do well in an improv group, Sag! You’ve got a great sense of humor, intellect and confidence to take the stage. Plus, this is a fun way for you to meet new people, which we’re pretty sure is your favorite thing to do.
Start a bullet journal.Rachel Nguyen’s recent video explaining the practice.
Volunteer your time.VolunteerMatch for ways to get involved wherever you live.
12. Get creative with adult coloring books. Seasonal affective disorder is a real thing, and don’t you know it, sensitive Pisces. Adult coloring can reduce anxiety, focus your mind and act as a sort of creative meditation, which is perfect for your imaginative and intuitive mind.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)