Between picking out the perfect turkey recipe and planning your savory side dishes, we know you’re extra busy around Thanksgiving. That’s why we’ve collected 14 easy DIY decor options, from mantel garlands and table centerpieces to place cards and wreaths, all of which take under 30 minutes to make. Tackle these projects, and you’ll have extra time for whipping up that tasty pumpkin pie.
1. Turkey Leg Place Holder: The only thing better than this precious turkey leg place card is an actual turkey leg. While intended for kids, we don’t know any adults who would complain about seeing this on their plate. (Via Fiskars)
2. Gourd-eous Candle Holders: Grab a few gourds from your nearest supermarket and carve off the tops for an instant, festive candle holder. (via Revel)
3. Twig & Pom Pom Wreath: Can you make a pom pom? Then you can pull off this stellar wreath in under half an hour. (via A Beautiful Mess)
4. Homemade Yarn Tassels: If you need to drape something across your mantel in a pinch, this is the perfect project. (via A Beautiful Mess)
5. Natural Vases: No Thanksgiving table is complete without flowers, and what better way to display them than in natural, seasonal vases? (via Midwest Living)
6. Pumpkin Centerpiece: Festive centerpieces can be expensive to purchase and time consuming to DIY, but pulling together some pumpkins and greenery on a tray creates an easy centerpiece in a flash. (via The Daily Basics)
7. Washi Tape Candes: Got some washi tape and tapered candles? Then you can throw together this simple DIY project. (via Julep)
8. Chalk Painted Pumpkins: Painting pumpkins is a blast, but if you want a new look, try chalk paint for a beautiful matte finish. (via Perfectly Imperfect)
9. Painted Leaves: Use real or fake leaves and paint them in your favorite colors for an instant garland or centerpiece. (via Making Home Base)
10. Leaf Garland: Short on time or paint? Leave your leaves bare and string them on a garland. (via Making Home Base)
11. Give Thanks Chalkboard: Start by making this five-minute no-sew bunting and then apply chalkboard paint to a board to make a cheerful message that greets all of your guests. (via Michelle Lea Designs)
12. Gold Leaf Pinecones: Give your Thanksgiving a little sparkle by applying some gold leaf to simple pinecones for a garland you can stretch across your mantel. (via The Sweetest Occasion)
13. Candle Centerpiece: In this easy DIY project, candles of various heights are paired with gourds on a simple board to create a breathtaking centerpiece. (via Country Living)
14. Corkboard Leaf Trivets: Spend a few minutes cutting inexpensive cork into fall leaf shapes and you’ll have a multi-tasking piece of table decor. (via Martha Stewart)
What are your Thanksgiving decor hacks? We’d love to hear about them in the comments!