Everyone’s got a hangover cure. Usually it involves eggs, potatoes and a maybe a slice of toast. Well, now you can add a fresh fruit to your arsenal of headache-fighting superfoods. A new study suggests that pears might prevent hangovers. Pears and pear juice are rich in anti-inflammatory flavonoids, which reportedly show signs of reducing that morning-after suffering we’re a little too familiar with. But in order to reap the benefits of this magical fruit, you’ll want to consume the form of your choosing before you start your night. If you’re looking for a couple drinks to sip on before imbibing, here are five pear recipes to get you started on a night of (hopefully) non-hangover-inducing fun.
1. Grapefruit Pear Juice: The grapefruit is zesty, but the pear mellows it out a bit and the ginger adds a nice kick. Thanks to the high vitamin C content, this juice will give you a bit of a boost and protect from future drinking damages. (via Tasse D’Amour)
2. Apple Pear Oatmeal Smoothie: If you know you have a big night ahead of you, start the day off right with a super healthy smoothie that literally tastes like pie. A little cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla bring out the pear and apple flavors, while the oats in the smoothie will keep you full. (via Kristine’s Kitchen)
3. Vanilla-Pear Spiced Bourbon Lemonade Fizz: Does the pear still work its magic if it’s included in the cocktail itself? We think it’s worth a shot. Or you could leave the bourbon out and just enjoy the lemonade fizz drink. (via Floating Kitchen)
4. Sparkling Peach Pear Apricot Lemonade: You’ve got all the flavors of summer in this sweet lemonade. Whip up a big batch so you can enjoy it before and after a night of partying. (via Bakes by ChiChi)
5. Pear Kombucha: Have you tried brewing your own kombucha yet? If you’re already a brewing pro, try adding some fresh pear juice to your next batch for a sparkling treat. If you haven’t jumped on the train yet, pick up a brewing kit and treat yourself to some of the healthy goodness everyone is raving about. (via Brit + Co)
What is your favorite pear drink? Share your recipes in the comments below!