18 Premium Pear Recipes for Fall
While everyone else is off picking apples at the local orchard, why not give fall pears some love? Dripping with outstanding flavor, pears feature heavily in this collection of 18 peerless recipes. Beyond simply poaching, the oblong fruits are fantastic in everything from tarts to homemade pasta dishes, and can even be made into a tasty fresh juice. Enjoy these refreshing, in-season eats ASAP!
2. Pear Cookie Crisps: Crispy oat and flax cookies flecked with candied ginger are tasty on their own, but a sweet pear, pecan and cranberry topping finished with a swirl of caramel sauce takes them to new heights. (via Healthy Nibbles and Bits)
10. Cinnamon-Spiced Pear Chia Seed Pudding: Cinnamon-spiced pears create a flavorful topping for creamy protein and fiber-packed breakfast puddings that happen to be vegan and totally good for you. (via Brit + Co)
13. Rustic Pear Galette: It may be a bit difficult to work with the crust for this galette, but trust that your efforts will be worth it in the end once you dig into a slice. (via Gluten-Free Vegan Love)
15. Focaccia With Caramelized Onions, Blue Cheese and Pear: Enjoy a few slices of this delicious focaccia as a meal in its own right, or serve it alongside your favorite protein — it works well with seafood, chicken and pork alike. (via Eat, Live, Run)
16. Roasted Pears With Balsamic and Lime: You don’t see a lime-pear pairing all that often. When combined with a sprinkle of coconut sugar and vanilla, though, something seriously wonderful is created. (via My Italian Smorgasbord)
18. Baked French Toast With Caramelized Pears and Hazelnuts: Wake up to this assembled-ahead-of-time breakfast that’s perfect for holiday mornings and everyday occasions alike. (via Feasting at Home)
What’s your favorite way to enjoy juicy pears? Share your seasonal eating tips with us in the comments below.