Yellow might be the most cheerful color there is, which makes it a fun choice for the kitchen. If you are hesitant of its boldness, don’t be! Its bright + sunny hue is as equally at home in a warm and neutral color palette as it is with dark and dramatic grays and reds for kitchens that don’t get a lot of natural light. Whether your style is French country or sleek and modern, a bit (or a lot) of yellow can really bring the room to life. These 15 sunshine-filled kitchens might even convince you to be more of a morning person. Maybe.
1. Yellow Subway: We love a good backsplash, and this bright yellow tile really pops against the sleek white cabinets. Since the tile is so bold, keeping the knobs white is a good way to make sure your kitchen doesn’t give you a headache. (via Design Sponge)
2. Yellow and Gray: Gray is one of the best colors to pair with yellow because it really grounds the whole room and is easily able to hold its own against the strong hue. Whether you go for gray countertops, gray walls or just some gray decor pieces, you can’t go wrong with these two colors. (via Rafe Churchill)
3. Yellow Countertops: We’re not entirely sure what this counter is made of, but we love the bold sweep of a golden yellow island against simple white cabinetry. The stainless steel appliances help reflect the yellow and bring the whole room together. (via KTC Design)
5. Bold Cabinetry: A little modern and a little Scandinavian, this bold kitchen is bright in all the right places. With neutral floors, dark gray walls and a simple kitchen table, the space feels both cheery and sophisticated. (via Skona Hem)
6. Simply Cubist: You might think yellow would be hard to decorate, but there are so many other great colors that are just begging to be paired up. Black and white are obvious choices, but throw in some red and teal and you’ve got a rad room. (via Desire to Inspire)
9. Pull up a Stool: Don’t feel pressured to paint the kitchen — you can bring in just as much sunshine by painting your bar stools or kitchen table. Then if you ever do get tired of that shade, you can easily switch them out for a new color. (via Style Carrot)
10. Country Blues: The kitchen island is a perfect place to experiment with bold color. Bring in even more color with a tiled backsplash or some really great patterned wallpaper. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
11. Accent Furniture: Not sure if you’re in love with yellow? Maybe you just need one piece of furniture to test the waters. Try a bright bar cart or a solid dresser to add instant cheer to your kitchen. (via Elle Decoration)
13. Open Shelving: Another fun way to bring in just a touch of yellow without doing too much work is through our favorite rotating gallery: open shelves. From glassware to baking canisters, a little yellow goes a long way. (via Domino)
14. Yellow Art: The kitchen doesn’t usually get all the fun art that we put in our living rooms and dining rooms. It’s time to defy that convention by hanging a big piece of statement art that’ll really bring your kitchen to life. (via Escapade)
15. Painted Floors: You’d literally be walking on sunshine with painted floors this fantastic. We love the idea of going with a pattern instead of just painting the floors one solid color. (via Hometalk)
Yellow: love it or hate it? Share your thoughts in the comments below!