10 Shows + Movies Worth Staying in For
The weekend is a sacred time. While some may choose to go outside, make plans with friends and seize every single second of sunshine this weekend, we think there is an (equally important!) alternative. This weekend, we’re staying in, ordering food and not leaving the couch for AT LEAST 48 hours. If you’ve got similar priorities this weekend, we’ve got you covered. With all the brand new movies and shows out for the month, we went through the list and picked out the 10 that should be at the top of your list this weekend. Without further adieu, here’s everything worth streaming until you have to emerge from your house on Monday.
THE BRAT PACK
<em>Pretty in Pink</em>Amazon: Molly Ringwald and Andrew McCarthy played high school opposites who attract in this iconic ’80s flick with a killer rock soundtrack. (Photo via Paramount Pictures)
2. The Breakfast Club on HBO: And then there’s THE classic flick of the ’80s that started it all. If you have somehow managed to live your entire life thus far without seeing this movie, now’s your chance. (Photo via Universal Pictures)
3. Sabrina on Amazon: This classic is Audrey Hepburn at her most iconic. She plays Sabrina, a chauffeur’s daughter freshly back from a transformative stay in Paris. Watch it for Humphrey Bogart being Humphrey Bogart and some of Audrey Hepburn’s finest fashion moments on record.
4. Sabrina on Amazon: And then check out the remake of the 1954 film, starring Harrison Ford. It’s a modern (-ish. this was made in 1995) version of the story about business and loOoOoOove.
<em>The Santa Clarita Diet</em>Netflix: Drew Barrymore plays a seemingly-normal wife, but then things go awry when she turns into a zombie and she just wants to eat human flesh. Because, you know, shows about normal families are boring. (Photo via Netflix)
ALL ABOUT ZOMBIES
<em>Corpse Bride</em>Netflix: This is Tim Burton at (arguably) his most romantic. Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter voice characters in a love story that transcends life — she is a dead woman who swoops into life and steals a man just about to get married.
<em>Magic Mike</em>Netflix: Magic Mike is now on Netflix. You. Are. Welcome. (Photo via Warner Bros)
GIRLS’ NIGHT IN
8. Thelma and Louise on Amazon: For those craving a girls’ getaway but lacking the time, finances and car to do so, just stay in, invite friends over and live vicariously through this film. Feel free to source inspiration for future friend vacations — maybe just minus the whole murder part. (Photo via MGM)
9. The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement on HBO: Relive childhood with the sequel that can actually compete with the original. Will any of us ever forget that scene where Mia walks into her gigantic new royal closet and jewelry appears from secret shelves? Answer: No, we will never forget.
KEEP IT PG
<em>Finding Dory</em>Netflix: Those who missed the Finding Nemo spinoff in theaters last year can catch up on Netflix. In this version of the underwater world, Dory goes off in search of her parents after her memory comes back. If nothing else, tune in for the all-star cast, including Ellen DeGeneres, Diane Keaton, Eugene Levy, Kate McKinnon, Bill Hader and Sigourney Weaver. (Photo via Disney)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)