11 Essentials You Need for a Very Merry Gilmore Girls-Inspired Christmas
Hark the Harold and let the Netflix angels sing! This Christmas, we’re still aglow with the reboot of Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life episodes. And at the risk of sounding greedy (Santa, please don’t send us coal), we’re hoping for even more episodes in the future. Until then, we’re celebrating the holidays in Gilmore fashion. Think of this as your one-stop-shop to inspiring a very Merry Gilmore Christmas of your very own.
1. SortaStupid Luke’s Dinner Ornament ($8): Imagine waking up on Christmas morning and having coffee with a side of holiday hash browns at Luke’s Dinner. Pretty dreamy right? Well, Luke’s wood logo Christmas ornament is literally the next best cheerful thing.
2. CopperBoomStudio I Smell Snow Pin ($9): The phrase, ”I smell snow” is now synonymous with those winter-loving Gilmores. In fact, the phrase even made it into the first reboot episode. A festive pin such as this would look more than dashing on your winter snow cap all season long.
3. Firefly Candle Company Winter in Stars Hollow 8 Oz Soy Candle ($13): A mixture of pine, balsam, Fraser Fir and sandalwood all blend together to create the wafty scent of this Stars Hollow candle. Burn this baby as you rewatch your favorite Netflix show all winter long.
4. TheBeezKneezDesigns1 Gilmore Girl Socks ($13): Yeah, these socks are the bee’s knees, ’cause they let you express your thoughts while watching your favorite show without saying a thing. Just let your feet speak the truth!
5. Jenny’sSweetTees Gilmore Girls Ugly Sweater Shirt ($17): After the holidays are over, you’ll still want to wear a kitschy-yet-cool GG-inspired ugly sweater. No matter the weather, both you and Lorelai will be wishing for a snow day.
6. MostlyMysticsShop All I Want for Christmas Sweater ($28): All Rory wants for the holidays is Logan Huntzberger. Frankly, who can blame her? If you’re not Team Logan, there are still pullovers for you Jess and Dean lovers.
7. Pigment and Parchment The Rory Mug ($25): When re-watching your girls on your laptop, you’ll want to sip something hot and chocolatey from a cute mug like this one. This one has a map of Stars Hollow from Rory’s perspective.
8. WindowShopGal Winter Stars Hollow Print ($18): Walking into a Winter Wonderland could only become more magical if that wonderland was Stars Hollow. Add a winter touch to your seasonal wall gallery with this dreamy portrait.
9. PaperRockettStudio Gilmore Pins ($6): Your winter gear is bound to become a bit dreary year to year. Instead of buying new hats, gloves and scarves, why not add a few pins for a more festive flair. How epic is that Straight Outta Stars Hollow pin?!
10. BoeTech Luke’s Cookie Cutter ($7): Christmastime is COOKIE time. Therefore, it’s the time to make a merry batch of cookies inspired by Luke himself!
11. Christmas Coffee Inspiration: Last, but not least, you can’t have a Merry Gilmore Holiday without some caffeine. First, you’ll need to festive up your coffee cup. Then you’ll need a candy-cane-coated coffee cup recipe. Cheers! (via Best Friends for Frosting)
Planning on doing some more Gilmore Girls-inspired shopping? Follow us on Pinterest to get more inspirational ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)