20 Things You Never Knew Brit + Co. Could Do
If you’ve been following us for a while, you know we know how to repurpose just about everything, turn most desserts into spiked sweets and style just about any garment in 10 different ways, but what about all the secret skills happening behind the scenes here at Brit HQ? From recently launched app features to crazy yoga tricks, here are 20 things you never know Brit + Co. could do.
2. Recreate Gangnam Style: Did you miss this GIF in our Halloween series? Not only did we dress Brit up just like Psy, we got into it on the dance floor too.
4. Star an Article as One of Your Favorites: What are your favorite articles on Brit.co? Did you know that you can star them and save them in your profile as favorites? This is a great way to keep your to-make list fresh with new ideas.
5. Turn Zippers into Bracelets: Okay, maybe you knew about this one but we still think it’s pretty dang cool. Turns out, a lot of you think so too – it’s our most popular style post of all time!
6. Channel Our Inner Will Smith: If you’re a new follower, you might not already know that our founder Brit has a side career as a rapper…
7. Do Crazy Yoga Moves: Misty, our production manager and stylist extraordinaire, also happens to be an accomplished yogi. Namaste ;)
8. Open a Beer with a Wedding Band: Speaking of super awesome skills, Brit + Co. PM and engineer Mike can open a beer bottle with his wedding band. Now that is a strong piece of bling.
12. Pop Up a Random Article When You Shake Your iPhone: Scrolling through our mobile app and looking for something different? If you shake your phone, a random article from our archive will pop right up.
13. Use a Hair Straightener to Iron Collars: One of our favorite clever hacks for the home, this has come in handy more than a few times when getting ready for a photo shoot.
15. Serve up 10 Rules for Men’s Jeans: We know you dudes are ready for more men’s content, but at least we’ve shown you how to wear your jeans just right.
16. Do a 5-Minute Plank: Okay, we only got to the 3 minutes and 30 seconds, but who’s counting? :)
17. Have Not 1, Not 2, But 3 Official Mascots: Meet Bodie, Riley, and Pixel, the official pups of Brit + Co.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)