Winter is coming, but in the best way possible. With temperatures dropping, cozy cabins have been popping up all over Instagram just in time for the season. It’s easy to see why they’re so popular when you imagine bundling up in one of these cozy hideaways amid a wintry snowscape. Now, if only we could figure out how to convert our backyard she-sheds to cabins… until then, fuel your daydreams or inspire your winter getaway with these 23 unbelievably cozy cabins!
1. Bivak Pod Skuto: Betcha never saw a cabin like this before! Both a cozy sanctuary and modern piece of architecture, the Bivak Pod Skuto is a cabin you’ll certainly want to spend your entire winter vacay in.
2. Kvivik Igloo: If you ever find yourself on the Faroe Islands in the winter, rent out the Kvivik Igloo for the ultimate cabin experience. But be warned, it might persuade you to extend your stay!
3. Waterfront Oasis: No natural beauty goes unappreciated by the looks of this lakeside cabin. With a view like that, you’ll feel totally fine forgoing your privacy.
4. A-Frame: Solo travelers on a budget may benefit from keeping it compact. This A-frame cabin is a great example of one that’s neither too big nor too small but is *just* right.
5. Ecocamp Patagonia: This guy’s got the right idea. Grab a mug of your favorite hot drink, bundle up and soak in the complete contentment of being as snug as a bug in a rug in this cabin.
6. Cylindrical Cabin: How adorable is this little guy? Pop into this cute cylindrical cabin for a unique lodging experience.
7. Allandale House: Cast aside any preconceived ideas of what a cabin is and check out this beaut! Inspired by an A-frame design, the Allandale House was built for true explorers unafraid to push boundaries.
8. Ready for Relaxation: Picture this: relaxing in a warm bath on a chilly day. Now throw in a stunning panoramic view of the mountainside! Yeah, your spa day just got a whole lot better.
9. Narnia Untold: As if straight outta the pages of Narnia, this winter wonderland and its accompanying cabin is making our childhood dreams come true. All that’s missing here is a Mr. Tumnus to greet us by the cabin door.
10. On the Lake: If a lakeside cabin isn’t close enough for you, how about spending the night directly *on* the lake? If that sounds ideal, look up the nearest cabin on the lake and plan a trip there ASAP.
11. Scandinavian Shelter: Inspired by traditional Scandinavian design, this modern-day cabin is giving off serious minimalist vibes. If simple and subdued is your kinda look, this cabin may be the one for you.
12. Skylight: Gaze at the evening sky without having to leave the comfort of a comfortable cabin and an even comfier bed. Just hang some string lights to set the mood until nighttime for stargazing.
13. Morning View: Imagine waking up to a view of the surrounding landscapes without the obstruction of city buildings. The best way to get that is with a cabin built with floor-length windows all around.
14. Washington Woods: Tucked deep in the Washington woods resides this rather welcoming, homely cabin. Strung with Nepalese prayer flags, this alternative homestead promises to surround you with nothing but positive vibes.
15. Classic Cabin: You really can’t go wrong with any cabin, especially this classic number. Just spot the jacuzzi and appreciate it in all its cozy winter glory.
16. By the Shore: A cabin built on the shore offers the benefits of being surrounded by water, without having to canoe out to get there. If that isn’t a win-win, we don’t know what is.
17. Rabbit Snare Gorge: Set in the rugged terrain of Inverness, Nova Scotia, this modern cabin offers the escape you’ve always dreamed of. Aside from its ultra sleek construction, the cabin’s height provides guests with an excellent view over the trees and of the landscape.
18. Wizarding World: Big on Harry Potter? Then step right into this *magical* scene featuring a cabin that seriously channels the Weasley home at The Burrow.
19. Bang for the Buck: This couple just set the bar for building the home of their dreams for only $500. If you’re digging the free spirit lifestyle, follow suit and build your own dream cabin!
20. Sleeping Nook: No space is put to waste in this petite cabin. Rather, it optimizes its limited space to make the *perfect* sleeping nook.
21. Off the Grid: Looking for an off-the-grid getaway? This forest retreat is *the* one to add to your itinerary.
22. Canyon’s Calling: Check out this cabin located in Big Cottonwood Canyon, Utah. If staying nice and dry on a rainy day sounds like a plan, there’s no better place to do it than in this toasty cabin.
23. Mountainside: You may not have even realized hanging out on the side of a mountain was something you wanted to do until now. If so, book a stay at this Swiss cabin for a one-of-a-kind experience.
Looking for even more cabin getaway inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!