7 Classic Beauty and the Beast Moments We Can’t WAIT to See in the Remake
Remember the feeling you got watching the Disney classic Beauty and the Beast for the first time when you were young? With the live-action retelling slated to be released in March 2017, not only do a whole new generation of people get to experience that, but you’ll get to all over again too.
With what we’ve seen so far — from the above teaser to the most recent photos of Emma Watson in full costume as Belle — the remake will not only do the original justice, but bring a whole new fantastical element to it. Here are some of our favorite scenes that we can’t wait to see take place in the Beast’s new-old castle and beyond.
1. When Beast gives Belle the library. Not least of all because this room is literally a dream and our fellow bookworm hearts can’t wait to see the latest magnificent IRL portrayal of it (let’s face it, it would make a killer selfie backdrop). And, of course, this bad boy was gifted to Belle at Lumière’s suggestion (WELL PLAYED), and showed Beast’s sweet side. Emma Watson is totally gonna nab some upcoming book club picks from set, isn’t she? (Image via GIPHY)
2. Belle goes into the West Wing. Dark, suspenseful, perfectly scored — and, of course, the enchanted rose. The Beast’s castle contains so many wonders, and this scene is one of the most memorable. (Image via GIPHY)
3. There’s something there… You know that feeling. When you realize you’re in love with someone and it catches you off guard. Plus, romantic snowball fight. (Image via GIPHY)
4. Be our guest! Again with the whimsy of Beast’s castle! One of the all-time greats, the dinner scene in the remake is going to look unbelievable. (Image via GIPHY)
The ballroom scene.
Need we say more? We’ve already gotten a glimpse of Emma Watson as Belle in
and we can. not. even. (Image
6. The Beast’s transformation. Look, the original reason given for wanting to remake this classic was having access to new technology. And we can’t think of a better scene to employ some breathtaking effects than when Beast transforms back into a human. (Image via GIPHY)
7. The curse is broken. Is this the best kiss in Disney movie history? Can it come anywhere close to the original? We’ve only got to wait six more months to find out. (Image via GIPHY)
What scene are YOU most looking forward to seeing in the Beauty and the Beast remake? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured image via Disney)
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.