10 ‘90s BFFs We Wish Were Still on TV
Besties for the restie are, well, the best. Whether it’s an on-screen duo like Serena and Blair or an IRL friendship like Sophia Rossi and Zooey Deschanel, we love watching our fave BFFs do their thing. (Speaking of Sophia, she’ll be at Re:Make 2015! Get. Excited. Want to join? Request a ticket here!) But for now, you can find us reminiscing about our favorite BFFs that hit our TV screens in the ‘90s. Favorite decade, anyone? Yep. Scroll through to find our faves.
1. Cory + Shawn: OMG. Boy Meets World was like, our life. Whether we watched it live or binged it during a marathon, it was basically the best show since… ever. The bromance between Cory and Shawn was one for the books. (Photo via HelloGiggles)
2. DJ + Kimmy: You didn’t *really* think we could get through a ‘90s post without a little Full House love, did you? Don’t be silly! DJ and Kimmy were a pair that always stuck by each other’s side, no matter what. Who didn’t love watching their friendship unfold? (Photo via BuzzFeed)
3. Jerry, Elaine, George + Kramer: We don’t know about you, but it seems like Seinfeld was constantly on our screens at home, and this hilarious friendship was nothing short of 100% entertaining to watch. We have a lot of love for this group of friends. (Photo via Parade)
4. Buffy + Willow: Buffy the Vampire Slayer was our childhood in a nutshell. Buffy and Willow are #friendshipgoals all day, every day. (Photo via Kevin Winter/Getty)
5. Kelly, Lisa + Jessie: Saved by the Bell took the ‘90s to a whole new level, if you ask us. And this trio? Don’t even get us started. (Photo via Enslaved by the Bell)
6. Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Chandler, Ross + Joey: How could we do a BFF roundup without featuring Friends? C’mon, it’s in the title! (Photo via Hulton Archive/Getty)
7. Will + Jazz: In West Philadelphia, born and raised… anyone? All we have to say is thank goodness Will moved to Bel Air so we could witness this friendship. (Photo via Ranker)
8. Carrie, Samantha, Miranda + Charlotte: The ‘90s wouldn’t have been the same without the women of SATC. Who wanted to be Carrie? *raises hand* (Photo via Hulton Archive/Getty)
9. Donna, Kelly + Brenda: This trio of girls hit our TV screens throughout the entire decade, and we definitely were never bored of watching their friendship. (Photo via 90210 Outfits)
10. Ryan + Seth: Last but certainly not least, this bromance is a classic, and we totally loved watching every second of it. We <3 The OC. (Photo via Warner Bros. TV)
Who were your favorite ‘90s friends to watch? Chat with us in the comments.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)