15 Times Acapulco Chairs Proved They’re Stunning in Every Room
As mid-century classics do, Acapulco chairs are making a comeback, and not just on the patio. Just as hanging chairs found their way indoors, the Acapulco chair’s clean, geometric lines make it a natural fit with all kinds of furniture styles. Thanks to reissue by multiple manufacturers in an array of colors, sustainable materials and price points, it’s an indoor trend that’s here to stay. Whether you prefer them round, barrel-shaped or egg-shaped, here’s proof that Acapulco chairs make a bold boho statement in every room of the house. Scroll down to find out how to make Acapulco chairs work for your own aesthetic.
1. Living Room: The teal Acapulco chair looks right at home in this Barcelona living room. To get the same look, mix black and white cement tiles that’ll play well with industrial wood and metal pieces, and bring in a pop of color to mirror the intense blue statement wall. (via Vintage & Chic)
2. Kitchen: You may not immediately think a red Acapulco chair would be part of the kitchen decor, but this boho apartment in Madrid proves just how well it works. It feels both masculine and feminine with that pink SMEG fridge. (via Nuevo Estilo)
3. Office: This duo in black is a proper tie-in for the black fixtures and frames in this modern rustic room. Bring in layered textures like the faux fur rug and throws, to save the black and white theme from chilly austerity. (via Arianna Trapani / The Luxe Pad)
4. Deck: This super minimal home in Los Gatos is beautifully punctuated with moments of “chaos and color.” The iconic lines of the Acapulco chairs fit right in with the home’s indoor-outdoor synergy. (via Apartment Therapy)
5. Kids’ Room: This little girl’s room features just the right amount of pink, without going into sweetness overload. The black iron legs on the Acapulco chair are picked up by the dots on the statement wall. (via Danielle Trovato Photography / Bondville)
6. Veranda: The exterior of this villa in Denmark are covered in thin, long pieces of gray stone, emphasizing the building’s clean, modern lines. The minimalism is played up by the geometry of these spare Acapulcos on the veranda. (via Stefan Vessel / Busyboo)
7. Deck: French doors make for easy indoor-outdoor access in this Berkeley bungalow. The wall of windows brings in a ton of natural light — add bright red Acapulco chairs to give a modern sensibility as well as a pop of color. (via Peter Lyons / Dwell)
8. Living Room: It’s hard to believe these chairs were once considered outdoor-only furniture. The sleek black lines of the Acapulco chair perfectly complements this rather formal mid-century upholstered three-piece and brings out the accents in the highly textured rug. (via Foxtail + Moss)
9. Bathroom: Outdoor furniture in the bathroom? This black Acapulco chair works beautifully in this en suite at the San Giorgio Hotel in Greece. It’s just the right pairing with those bold encaustic tiles. (via Lambs and Lions / Flodeau)
10. Foyer: Two vintage cane Acapulcos grace the entryway of Margherita Missoni’s Milan apartment. The natural materials help to balance out the colorful and multi-patterned textiles of the adjoining rooms. (via My Domaine)
11. Bedroom: A white bedroom can feel like a sanctuary of calm. In this room, soft and cushy textiles, wool and cashmere knitted blankets and luxurious carpets add warmth and coziness to the concrete floors. The simple black Acapulco chair works well with the stark, minimalist and industrial pieces. (via Jared Chambers / My Paradissi)
12. Bedroom: Subtle neon piping on the sheets and chartreuse stripes in the throw pave the way for a shocking yellow Acapulco statement chair. This charming vignette proves neon can work in a bedroom when applied sparingly. (via Jonny Valiant / Real Simple)
13. Office: This Paris home shows just how well outdoor furniture works indoors, even with the strong traditional architecture of a room. The cane Acapulco chair and mid-century floor lamp set a tone that’s both beautiful and whimsical. (via Julie Ansiau / SF Girl By Bay)
14. Breezeway: When you’re blessed with even a sliver of outdoor space, you have to make the most of it. A black wall provides great contrast as the backdrop for these white Acapulco chairs. Add container plants for the right touch of greenery to this urban oasis. (via Stylish 365)
15. Nursery: When designing a nursery, you want it to be bright and playful. An Acapulco chair strikes just the right note and comes in so many gorgeous colors. Bonus: The price points of outdoor furniture can’t be beat. (via Lovely Market)
Are you pining for an Acapulco chair after seeing these? We have more decor inspo where that came from. Follow us on Pinterest.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.