These Non-Traditional Desserts Are Replacing Wedding Cakes
Wedding desserts are typically all about the towering cakes, but that’s just the tip of the sweets iceberg! Obviously, edible flower cakes and glorious drip versions are to-die-for, but how fun would it be to have fruity ice pops or a cotton candy station instead?! Embrace one of the 14 unique and affordable treats below, and guests will be totally smitten by your playful new take on the traditional.
1. Fruit Cups: Take advantage of your backyard-themed wedding to pull off this simple-yet-adorable dessert. Opt for seasonal fruit in kraft paper cups or mason jars to give your wallet some extra kindness. (via I Love Wednesdays / Ruffled Blog)
2. Popcorn Bar: Was your first date the classic dinner and a movie? Set up a popcorn bar to commemorate where it all began. Deck it out with sweet and savory spices and treats for a poppin’ party. (via Ela & the Poppies / Un Beau Jour)
3. Boozy Ice Pops: Nothing is better than a boozy brunch — except maybe a beautiful wedding. When you think about it, there’s really no reason *not* to merge two of your favorite things with a summertime treat. (via TimeOut)
4. Cotton Candy Cart: It’s sticky, sugary, and brings back sweet memories of the carnival. Add extra whimsy to the fluff by having it whipped up on a chic AF cart like this one. (via Stephanie Todaro Photography / Lauren Conrad)
5. Tropical Donuts Hole Tower: Pinch us, because this beauty is making all our dessert dreams come true. A donut hole tower topped with pretty faux flowers and palms is sure to have your guests swooning (and chowing down). (via Ben Q. Photography / Design Love Fest)
6. Mini Milk and Cookies: A shot of milk and a cookie chaser? We’re in. Serve these to your invitees as a late night snack and give the bash its second wind. (via Melissa Schollaert Photography / Style Me Pretty)
7. Fruity Popsicle: These babies are a must if you’re getting hitched outside in the summer. Bonus points if you make them match perfectly with your already stunning color palette. (via Fabrice Simard / Style Me Pretty)
View this post on Instagram
@Coolhaus made our dreams come true by stocking up Brooklyn Brigade with all of our favorite ice cream treats! I’m partial to the Bananas Foster and Holly’s favorite is the Dirty Mint Chip, but all of their unique flavors (and the cookie sammies and bars!!) are amazing. Balsamic Fig and Mascarpone? SO GOOD. If you aren’t familiar with Coolhaus, they’re a certified women owned (yes!!) premium artisanal ice cream business, and all of their treats are hormone and antibiotic free. Track down their ice cream trucks, find them in stores, or order online at https://cool.haus/ #wekeepitreal #sponsored
A post shared by Keiko Lynn (@keikolynn) on
9. Build-Your-Own Ice Cream Cone Station: Forget hiring someone to serve sweet treats. All you need are cones, a couple of scoopers, and some funky ice cream flavors to give your guests the ultimate cool-down.
10. Cannoli Tower: Scoop up cannoli from your fave local bakery, or just get the shells and make your own unique filling. Mix and match flavors, like pistachio and chocolate chip, so there’s something for everyone to munch on. (via Goldie & Christine Photography / Junebug Weddings)
11. Pancakes: Is there anything more perfect for a brunch wedding than the most drool-worthy pancake stack ever? We don’t think so either. Lace the base with a small floral arrangement to give it a pinch of classic wedding vibes — then pass the syrup. (via Vienna Glenn Photography / Wedding Chicks)
12. Macarons: These bite-sized treats are ideal if you’re looking for a dainty dessert that’s light, airy, and not too sugary. And did we mention how photogenic they are? (via Jana Williams / Style Me Pretty)
Are you getting creative with dessert for your wedding? Share your ideas with us @BritandCo!