15 Reasons Aloe Should Be Your Beauty Bestie for Life
If you’ve ever been burnt to a crisp on a hot summer’s day, then you’ve probably already met aloe vera. For the few who haven’t had the pleasure just yet, let us introduce you to just about the coolest plant (pun intended) you’ll ever get your hands on. It’s not that its reputation goes back 6,000 years or that it has been deemed THE first aid plant that makes us giggle in amazement. This meaty plant with teeth (yes, teeth) is great for just about everything. You heard us, everything. Here are 15 reasons we hereby name aloe vera our bestie for life.
3. DIY Mermaid Spray: Yeah we got the memo. Beach days are long gone for now. (Sad face) But that don’t mean we can’t get our mermaid on. Ready for beachy waves? A little bit of aloe will make it so. (via Free People)
5. Healing Aloe Vera: Ice cubes made of aloe vera means we can pretty much use them for everything. On our burns and acne, check. In our smoothies and cocktails, check. In our hearts forever, check! (via Hello Natural)
7. After Sun Homemade DIY Lotion: Oh, so you didn’t think you needed to protect yourself from the sun, huh? Lucky for you, this all-star group of ingredients will help you get through it. (via Co Corrina)
12. Soothing Cucumber Eye Gel: Aloe and cucumber are total besties, and we know what happens when besties join forces. Pure awesomeness! We’re so glad they’ve decided to join forces under our puffy eyes. (via The Dabblist)
14. DIY Burn Cream: If you love making cookies as much as we do, you’ve seen your fair share of fresh baked burns. Turn that frown upside down with some burn salve, and bake on, ladies. (via Nourishing Joy)
15. Homemade Makeup Remover: Yeah aloe’s been there, done that. Why use regular old water when you can cleanse your favorite set of eyes with an extra boost of hydration? (via Natural Mothers Network)
Tell us why aloe’s your new bestie below! Have a beauty trick we should know about? Share away!