Morning Buzz! Amy Schumer’s Night Out With Boyfriend Ben Will Make You Mega Jealous + More
1. Amy Schumer and Ben Hanisch had a night out with the cast of Hamilton. That’s right, not only did they snag the hottest tickets
ever in the history of everything in town by going go see Hamilton on Broadway, but they also got to hang and take pics with the cast. The captions on the photos got increasingly in awe — and hilarious — starting with a fun “Our name is Alexander Hamilton,” followed by a simple “Ahhhh,” and eventually just a straight-up, in-disbelief, “F*ck.” TBH, we can’t say we’d react any differently. (via @amyschumer)
2. Taylor Swift goes full meme waiting for the drop. EDM is an unmistakable global powerhouse industry, and it also happens to be the source of much fun-making, including, of course, bass drop memes — like this hilarious SNL sketch featuring Andy Samberg as a DJ who taunts his fans with an elusive bass drop. The joke on the genre came to life in a Taylor Swift ‘Gram, as she and her pals watch Tay’s BF Calvin Harris, dancing and wondering where the dang drop is. “Where’s the drop?!” she says, looking at the camera, before it happens and she’s sweaty and dancing. She’s never afraid to be goofy, that one. (via @taylorswift)
3. Reese Witherspoon singing “Sweet Home Alabama” with Keith Urban is what you need to kickstart your week. “Are you gonna get crazy on the dance floor, mom?” Reese is heard asking her mother in an Instagram video on their way to Reese’s mega birthday jam at the Warwick, in Hollywood this weekend. Already the sign of a great party to come, Reese and her squad — including Jennifer Aniston, Kate Hudson, Nicole Kidman and husband Keith Urban, to name just a few — partied till the wee hours, and even got treated to a special performance from Taylor Swift, according to People. But when Reese joined Keith Urban on stage to sing “Sweet Home Alabama,” you might think, “Taylor who?” “You can take the girl out the South, but you can’t take Sweet Home Alabama out the girl!” wrote Derek Blasberg on Instagram. Adorable! (h/t People)
4. North West has every toy in the world, and THIS is her favorite. How is it that we can relate so well to a two year old?! We’ve already told you that you need to be following Kim Kardashian on Snapchat, and this one from over the weekend is another reason why — North West is adorable and we can’t get enough of her! In a recent still, North is showed playing with one of aunt Kylie’s nail polish kits. “All the toys in the world and this is what she plays with,” the caption reads. Also, is she sitting in a bath tub?! Same, North. (via @kimmysnapchats)
5. Have these Winnie the Pooh face masks taken the sheet mask trend too far? Cute. And also: KIND OF TERRIFYING. (via Kotaku)
6. Quote of the day: “”just setting up my twttr” — Twitter founder Jack Dorsey, ten years ago. Happy birthday, Twitter!
What’s got you Buzzing today? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured image via Anthony Harvey/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)