We told you about Rihanna, we told you about Kelly, but let’s talk about some of our favorite beauty collabs of ALL TIME. Only, instead of all of these special edition collections featuring a celebrity, these companies got a little more creative… think fictional characters, interior designers and everyone’s favorite pop artist. We may have been surprised by some of these creations at first, but now we’re trying to outbid other beauty collectors for the remaining shades on eBay.
1. MAC + Marge Simpson: We’ve already let the cat out of the bag on this one — but after 25 seasons, it’s about time Marge got some recognition for the fab lady she is. This line drops September 4, so get ready for everything yellow and blue.
2. MAC + Mia Moretti: One of MAC’s other 2014 collabs is with DJ and it-girl Mia Moretti. Her collection is actually a remix of her fave MAC shades to inspire your festival style and is available to shop now!
3. Shu Uemura + Takashi Murakami: Murakami is a super-influential contemporary Japanese artist who designed a holiday 2013 line for Japanese brand Shu Uemura inspired by his animated film, 6<3princess.
4. MAC + Cindy Sherman: Don’t let the clown couture look throw you off, Cindy Sherman is an incredible artist who transforms herself into all different people for her art, so a makeup collab makes serious sense. Props to MAC for pushing the envelope with this. (via The Guardian)
6. Laneige + pushBUTTON: The collaborators (two Korean powerhouses) aren’t what make this collection strange. Rather, the green puppies hidden in the spots remind us a little too much of Cruella de Vil’s dream coat. (via Glam Asia)
7. Inglot + The Lion King: We love us some Rafiki as much as the next girl, but we’re not sure we really want makeup advice from him. That said, Inglot’s “Savannah Sunset” line is looking pretty tempting. Snap it up here. (via Bella Sugar)
9. MAC + Lady Gaga + Cyndi Lauper: Back in 2010, Gaga and Cyndi Lauper teamed up with MAC to create some glamorous lip colors to benefit MAC’s AIDS fund. Girls just wanna have fun… and help people. (via Be)
10. Kiehl’s + Kenny Scharf: Scharf’s work looks more like it belongs on Cartoon Network than in your bathroom, but his colorful designs will definitely make your morning routine more fun. This holiday collection is still available at Kiehl’s.
12. Urban Decay + Pulp Fiction ($34): In honor of Pulp Fiction‘s 20th anniversary, UD is releasing this palette inspired by the inimitable Mia Wallace. It’s got everything you need to recreate Uma Thurman’s dark and edgy look from the film (just in time for Halloween, too!).
14. Nars + Guy Bourdin: If you’re a fan of the controversial French fashion photographer, you’re in luck. He inspired Nars’ last holiday collection, making just as many headlines for it as he did back in the day. (via Fashion Magazine)
15. Tweezerman + Isaac Mizrahi: Don’t pull down your beauty routine by pairing bright pigments with blah tools. Mizrahi’s whimsical designs will make your tweezers as fun as your palettes. (via RR Magazine)
16. Smashbox + Curtis Kulig: Just in time for V-Day ’13, Graffiti Artist Kulig’s iconic “Love Me” design was scrawled across Smashbox products. Graffiti + makeup = match made in heaven? (via Urban Moms)
17. Nails Inc. + Alexa Chung: We are big fans of Alexa and big fans of her new kale-based nail line, but we have to admit it seemed strange when we first heard about it. We still have one question: does this count as a serving of dark, leafy greens? (via WWD)
18. OPI + the Muppets: Kermy is a sweetheart, but we have to admit that Miss Piggy isn’t one of our beauty icons. However, the most recent movie inspired a line of glittery polishes we can all love. (via OPI)
20. MAC + Romance Novels: While we don’t necessarily want to look like the heroines on the covers of romance novels, we are pretty excited for some new colors inspired by our fave beach reads. We’ve been counting down the days since we first heard about this new fall line. (via Temptalia)
21. MAC + Archie Comics: Are you a Betty or a Veronica? A question as iconic as the Jackie vs. Marilyn controversy. Whatever your leanings, MAC made a color collection for both legs of the Archie love triangle. (via Temptalia)
23. MAC + Fafi: MAC’s Fafi line came out in 2008 as a follow-up to the success of the Barbie collection. We’re totally behind a beauty collab that also challenges feminine stereotypes. (via Steph’s Closet)
25. Tarte + Aqualillies: Synchronized swimming can be cool, and the Aqualillies prove it. Last summer, they teamed up with one of our fave beauty brands (eco- and skin-friendly!) for a gorgeous collection. If you’re as enamored as we are, a few pieces are still available on Tarte’s website.
Which of these collabs is your fave? Know of any other awesome duos? Share them in the comments below or Tweet us @BritAndCo!