7 Times the Beckhams Inspired Your Next Family Fun Day
In the hustle and bustle of everyday life, finding time for quality family bonding can be tough. Factor into that equation a mom who’s a fashion designer and a dad who’s a global soccer star and it seems like it would be damn near impossible. But somehow the Beckhams manage to not only hang out together, but they also Instagram all of it. And while yes, some of those snaps are of them hanging front row at a fashion show or backstage at Coachella, they also do activities that you and your crew can totally copy. Here are six Beckham-approved family activities to try with your own.
1. Adventurous Father-Son Dates: Skip the standard trip to the movies and steal your kiddo away for a day to try something new. Maybe it’s an activity neither of you tried before or a shared interest. David took his oldest out fishing and he’s also taken his 12-year-old son with him as his guest to Wimbledon.
2. Pizza Nights: If taco Tuesday is feeling a little monotanous, switch things up with a weekly pizza night. Have the kiddos help you make the dough and then set out a bar with sauce, cheese and toppings so that everyone can make their own personalized combo.
3. Sign up for a family race. A great way to get the family to hang together is to all sign up for an upcoming race. Not only does it give everyone something to look forward to, but it also means you will get to train together in the weeks leading up to the event.
4. Sunday Hikes: If you live somewhere sunny, get both you and your family out of the house and away from all that technology for a good old-fashioned hike.
5. Creative Breakfasts: Take that Sunday breakfast to a whole new level. Get the kids to help you make some kind of new and creative breakfast on the weekend. Maybe that means bunny-eared pancakes or maybe it’s strawberry donuts. They’ll have fun getting to help out in the kitchen and the end result will be super delicious (well… hopefully).
6. Family Bike Rides: If you and your fam aren’t so into the running idea, get moving with a morning bike ride.
7. Mani Pedi Dates: If you’re craving some quality time, treat your little girl to a trip to the salon. We’re betting she’ll be showing people her sparkly polish for a week straight (or however long it takes to chip off).
How do you and your family stay connected? Share with us in the comments below.