7 Times the Beckhams Inspired Your Next Family Fun Day
In the hustle and bustle of everyday life, finding time for quality family bonding can be tough. Factor into that equation a mom who’s a fashion designer and a dad who’s a global soccer star and it seems like it would be damn near impossible. But somehow the Beckhams manage to not only hang out together, but they also Instagram all of it. And while yes, some of those snaps are of them hanging front row at a fashion show or backstage at Coachella, they also do activities that you and your crew can totally copy. Here are six Beckham-approved family activities to try with your own.
1. Adventurous Father-Son Dates: Skip the standard trip to the movies and steal your kiddo away for a day to try something new. Maybe it’s an activity neither of you tried before or a shared interest. David took his oldest out fishing and he’s also taken his 12-year-old son with him as his guest to Wimbledon.
2. Pizza Nights: If taco Tuesday is feeling a little monotanous, switch things up with a weekly pizza night. Have the kiddos help you make the dough and then set out a bar with sauce, cheese and toppings so that everyone can make their own personalized combo.
3. Sign up for a family race. A great way to get the family to hang together is to all sign up for an upcoming race. Not only does it give everyone something to look forward to, but it also means you will get to train together in the weeks leading up to the event.
4. Sunday Hikes: If you live somewhere sunny, get both you and your family out of the house and away from all that technology for a good old-fashioned hike.
5. Creative Breakfasts: Take that Sunday breakfast to a whole new level. Get the kids to help you make some kind of new and creative breakfast on the weekend. Maybe that means bunny-eared pancakes or maybe it’s strawberry donuts. They’ll have fun getting to help out in the kitchen and the end result will be super delicious (well… hopefully).
6. Family Bike Rides: If you and your fam aren’t so into the running idea, get moving with a morning bike ride.
7. Mani Pedi Dates: If you’re craving some quality time, treat your little girl to a trip to the salon. We’re betting she’ll be showing people her sparkly polish for a week straight (or however long it takes to chip off).
How do you and your family stay connected? Share with us in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)