5 Foam Dry Shampoos for Grease-Free Summer Hair
While summer is awesome for a number of reasons (hello, cute swimsuits!), the heat and humidity can do a number on your hair, making daily shampooing a necessity. Or so you thought. Dry shampoo is a beauty cabinet staple that has made every day hair-washing a thing of the past. Whether you spent the day walking around in 90-degree weather or you hit the gym for an indoor cycling class, dry shampoo will refresh your hair by sopping up excess grease, all without stepping foot in the shower. But if you thought you were limited to powder or spray options, you’d be wrong. Foam dry shampoo is here, and it’s amazing. It looks like a mousse and cleans hair sans powder, meaning there’s no chance of being left with bothersome residue. All you have to do is shake the can, pour a blob into your hands, and massage it into your roots. Here are the foam dry shampoos we can’t get enough of right now.
1. Ouai Dry Shampoo Foam ($28): This waterless foam dry shampoo from Jen Atkins, hairstylist to the Kardashians, is the ideal option for those with thick, curly, coarse hair who don’t have time to go through the cleansing process every day. It cleans hair with diatomaceous earth, busting through oil and product buildup, as well as pumping up the volume on any mane that’s fallen flat.
2. Amika Phantom Hydrating Dry Shampoo Foam ($25): Sometimes dry shampoo leaves your hair feeling, well, dry. But this foam option contains conditioning agents and sea buckthorn berry to ensure your locks, from root to tip, stay hydrated. If you have colored or dry hair, this is the foam dry shampoo for you to get nourishment.
3. Drybar Detox Whipped Dry Shampoo Foam ($24): The brains behind Drybar know their stuff, which is why we’re not surprised the brand developed an innovative foam dry shampoo. After all, when you get a blowout, you want it to last as long as possible. This one is made specifically for those with scalps on the parched side, and with coarse, thick, or dyed hair. It relies on volcanic ash to absorb oil and vitamin B5 to cut down on friction when brushing.
4. Marc Anthony Grow Long Volumizing Dry Shampoo Foam ($9): If your hair is looking a little limp but you’re not feeling the idea of having to wash and style your hair again, reach for this foam dry shampoo featuring rice starch, which dries super-fast and adds extra oomph to your roots without any stickiness.
5. Beyond the Zone Sugar Rush Dry Shampoo Foam ($8): Sugar is sweet. But did you know it’s good for your hair? Yep! This foam dry shampoo, which is formulated with rice starch to sop up oil, is also infused with sugar to soften and enhance your hair’s shine.
What’s your favorite way to refresh dirty hair? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.