9 Hairstyles Inspired by TV’s Most Stylish Leading Ladies
Hair envy plays a big part in our primetime TV viewing experience, especially as we rush home to our flatscreens donning what’s either the last bounce of a once work-worthy blowout or scraggly just-off-the-treadmill hair. So when our favorite leading ladies hit the screen again this fall primped with hair that will hold its mark as they nab evildoers, steal hearts and deliver punchlines, you can bet we’ll be taking beauty notes. While we eagerly await this season’s first big twist — hair twist, that is — learn how to style your locks like the stars of your must-see shows.
3. Mindy Kaling’s Falling Waves: Dr. Lahiri always looks fab from head-to-toe, so cop that sassy doc’s style with a tress tutorial that can take you from work to the weekend and back again. (via InStyle)
4. Sarah Hyland’s Modern Family Fishtail: Sarah just might have more style off-screen than the Dunphy daughter she plays on TV, but we bet Haley would rock this braid on her next date fo sho. (via Brit + Co)
6. Mad Men Diva ‘Dos: This show brought ’60s style back, and we are loving every #TBT second of it. Whether you’re a mod mama like Megan, a working #girlboss like Peggy or a bit of a, well, ice queen like Betty, we bet there’s a Mad Men look you want to copy. (via Brit + Co)
7. Nina Dobrev’s Vampy Updo: Started from the bottom (ahem, Degrassi) Nina D is at the top of her hair game on the red carpet reppin Vampire Diaries with a gorgeous braided updo that comes with a how-to. (via InStyle)
8. Analeigh’s Lovely Bob: Starring in ABC’s new Manhattan Love Story, Analeigh Tipton is one to watch literally (alert your DVRS!) and for all future short hair inspo. To style a sleek bob like hers, check out this TRESemmé YouTube video. (image via ABC)
9. Olivia Pope’s Scandal-ous Locks: If you have a demanding day job like Kerry Washington’s character, you need a ‘do that’s worthy of wearing under that white hat, feel me? Stylist Nadia Vassell has a handy video tutorial that takes you through the steps for achieving Liv/Kerry level locks. (image via ABC)
Which leading lady of the small screen do you look to for style inspiration? Sound off below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)