9 Hairstyles Inspired by TV’s Most Stylish Leading Ladies
Hair envy plays a big part in our primetime TV viewing experience, especially as we rush home to our flatscreens donning what’s either the last bounce of a once work-worthy blowout or scraggly just-off-the-treadmill hair. So when our favorite leading ladies hit the screen again this fall primped with hair that will hold its mark as they nab evildoers, steal hearts and deliver punchlines, you can bet we’ll be taking beauty notes. While we eagerly await this season’s first big twist — hair twist, that is — learn how to style your locks like the stars of your must-see shows.
3. Mindy Kaling’s Falling Waves: Dr. Lahiri always looks fab from head-to-toe, so cop that sassy doc’s style with a tress tutorial that can take you from work to the weekend and back again. (via InStyle)
4. Sarah Hyland’s Modern Family Fishtail: Sarah just might have more style off-screen than the Dunphy daughter she plays on TV, but we bet Haley would rock this braid on her next date fo sho. (via Brit + Co)
6. Mad Men Diva ‘Dos: This show brought ’60s style back, and we are loving every #TBT second of it. Whether you’re a mod mama like Megan, a working #girlboss like Peggy or a bit of a, well, ice queen like Betty, we bet there’s a Mad Men look you want to copy. (via Brit + Co)
7. Nina Dobrev’s Vampy Updo: Started from the bottom (ahem, Degrassi) Nina D is at the top of her hair game on the red carpet reppin Vampire Diaries with a gorgeous braided updo that comes with a how-to. (via InStyle)
8. Analeigh’s Lovely Bob: Starring in ABC’s new Manhattan Love Story, Analeigh Tipton is one to watch literally (alert your DVRS!) and for all future short hair inspo. To style a sleek bob like hers, check out this TRESemmé YouTube video. (image via ABC)
9. Olivia Pope’s Scandal-ous Locks: If you have a demanding day job like Kerry Washington’s character, you need a ‘do that’s worthy of wearing under that white hat, feel me? Stylist Nadia Vassell has a handy video tutorial that takes you through the steps for achieving Liv/Kerry level locks. (image via ABC)
Which leading lady of the small screen do you look to for style inspiration? Sound off below!