The 6 Best Things to Buy in July
Summer is really heating up, and if you’re seriously feeling that sunburn and need an indoor activity that’s heavy on the air conditioning (and not the office kind that’s cold AF), there’s really only one thing to do: Shop, of course! Stores and manufacturers have your back and will be offering discounts on plenty of items in July. Scroll down to read about six things you’ll be able to get on sale this month, and get ready to start planning a last-minute summer vacation with all the money you save.
1. Ice Cream: Hot temperatures make July the ideal time for eating frozen treats, but did you know that it’s actually National Ice Cream Month? To celebrate, many places will be running specials on your favorite flavors this month, so keep your eyes open for delicious deals in the frozen section of your local supermarket.
2. Paint + Home DIY Supplies: Summer is the perfect time to get started on those home improvement projects you’ve been considering, and stores know that you’re not the only homeowner that thinks so! Check out home centers and hardware stores throughout the month for great sales on paint, wood decking, siding, and more. If you have plans for additional DIY projects later in the year, consider where you might be able to store extra supplies so you can stock up now while the prices are hot.
3. Designer Bags: Many department stores and other large retailers are getting ready to bring in tons of fall inventory, which means they’ll be running sales on items like purses, handbags, and wallets. And why shouldn’t you benefit from their inventory shift? Remember: A classic bag never goes out of style.
4. Small Electronics: “Christmas in July” isn’t just a fab summer party theme. Big-box retailers will be celebrating major sales later this month, and since Christmas in July has become such a major retail event, they’ll be working hard at being as competitive as possible. As a result, small electronics like speakers, cameras, and more will be on deep discount around the 25th.
5. Summer Fashion: Many people stock up on their summer outfits in late spring, when warm-weather styles make their debut on retail floors and websites. Now that we’re really in the summer season, fall fashions are starting to pop up in stores (too soon!), and you’ll find that prices for summer items are dropping. It’s the perfect time to fill up your closet with well-priced sundresses, skirts, and shorts that will take you through the rest of the warmer months.
6. Patriotic Decorations: This one should hardly come as a surprise. After all, there’s no better time than July to deck out your outfit, home, and party in everything red, white, and blue! Prices for patriotic decor will be especially low after the Fourth (though you can certainly snag plenty of deals in advance of the holiday too), but who says your all-American celebrations can’t continue for the rest of the month? Grab some patriotic garb on clearance, and enjoy a full summer of USA pride!
What purchases do you have planned for July? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Getty)