14 Crazy Oversized Prop Ideas For Your Next Photobooth
It’s time to take your party throwin’ skills over the top! With these larger-than-life decorations, your party will go from big to huge in no time — and we’re not just talking about the guest list. From human-sized flowers to the biggest fringe you’ve ever seen, these 14 party props give new meaning to the phrase “go big or go home.”
2. Fringe Garland: It’s a garland like you’ve never seen before! Hang this seven and a half foot baby, made with four folds of crepe paper, across your ceiling for some major wow factor. (via Oh Happy Day)
4. Holiday Bow: You can hang this bow above the fireplace over the holidays like this blogger did, or make one in neon or pastel colors to hang over the buffet at a just-the-gals brunch. (via The Alison Show)
5. Pastel 36-inch Balloon and Mini Tassel Garland Tail ($39): In our shop, we believe bigger is better. That’s why we’ve got this balloon that’s more than triple the size of your average party balloon. And you gotta love a tail with a little flair!
7. Party Fans: Let’s just say we’re fans of how easy it is to make this party decoration. All it takes is large sheets of your favorite craft paper and some basic folding skills. (via Sugar and Charm)
8. Button Runner: Have a friend with an adorable little bundle on the way? Throw her a big time shower that includes these great buttons crafted from wood circles. You can also get the same look using paper plates, paint and scissors. (via Project Nursery)
11. Fresh Flower Ampersand: Get your wall decor and bouquet all-in-one with this craft project. To make yours, cut an ampersand out of floral foam, then customize it by covering it in your favorite blooms. (via Paper + Stitch)
12. Party Bows: Leave these by the photo wall, or wear yours around all night and be the star of the party. You can make these ’80s inspired bows with tissue paper and headbands, and your guests will surely have a blast trying them on. (via Smitten Studio)
13. Giant Flower Bouquet: Celebrate your big day in a big way with these paper bouquets. When you skip the florist and go for paper, you can make your bouquet however large you want it. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
Throwing a big bash? Tell us what larger-than-life decorations you’re hanging on the walls below or on Facebook!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!