If you’re anything like us, you had a weird relationship with greens when you were growing up. But as an adult, you can appreciate their health benefits and versatility, especially when you can use them from breakfast to dinner. That’s how we feel about bok choy. It’s a form of Chinese cabbage that is packed with nutrients, antioxidants, and Omega-3s. It’s also super high in fiber and low in calories. If you’re ready to taste the benefits, try these 12 bok choy recipes.
1. Zucchini Noodle Veggie Lo Mein: If you’re typically a rice lover when it comes to Chinese takeout, try this recipe and you will *instantly* be going oodles for these zoodles. The bok choy is thinly sliced, which is the ultimate overhaul of veggies in a comfort-styled meal. (via Get Inspired Everyday)
2. Crunchy Bok Choy Salad: Hold on to your seat because you’re not going to believe how tasty the broken ramen is in this recipe. It’s sweet and crunchy and is a nice contrast to the softness of the raw bok choy. (via Ambs Loves Food)
3. Crispy Smothered Chicken With Roasted Baby Bok Choy and Mushrooms: If you thought that bok choy is strictly for Asian-inspired dishes, then you’re in for a *real* treat. It’s paired with crispy chicken that’s sautéed and then baked. (via Whisk It Real Gud)
4. Quick Thai Beef Bok Choy Rice Bowl: Don’t let the fried egg fool you; this meal is not for breakfast. Although, now that we think about it, it very well could be. Soft rice is paired with *insanely* spiced crumbled ground beef that’s cooked in garlic, chili paste, sugar, and soy sauce. (via Panning the Globe)
5. 15 Minute Sesame Ginger Noodles: This recipe just goes to show you that sometimes the simplest things can make a meal really shine. Not only is it bursting with flavor, but it’s gluten-free and vegan. (via Choosing Chia)
6. 15 Minute Oven Roasted Tilapia With Bok Choy and Mushrooms: Three words: Sheet pan dinner. Just chop, dump, and wait to devour. (via Food Fashion and Fun)
7. Sichuan Bok Choy Tofu Stir Fry: In the time it takes you to order take out and wait for it to arrive, you could have made this vegetarian stir fry. Just toss your bok choy in a hot pan with the tofu and toss it all with the sweet and spicy sauce. (via The Wanderlust Kitchen)
8. Thai Coconut Soup With Bok Choy and Mushrooms: If you’re looking for something to warm a chilly day, try this recipe made with turmeric and ginger. The best part? Silken tofu and mushrooms add texture and substance to this vegetarian soup. (via Season With Spice)
10. Stir Fried Chicken and Bok Choy: Are you looking for a recipe so easy that your little ones can help out? This flavorful stir fry comes together in just 15 minutes, and trust us — it doesn’t taste like it at all. All you need is some boneless chicken, green onions, carrots, bok choy, and some cupboard staples for the sauce. (via A Mindfull Mom)
11. Skillet Chicken With Baby Bok Choy: Aside from chopping up garlic and the heads of the bok choy, this recipe requires minimal prep work. First, sear the bok choy, then add the chicken using the pan drippings for the sauce. Then, drizzle all over and enjoy! (via Simply Recipes)
For more recipes with greens, follow along on Pinterest!