16 Boozy Recipes to Toast National Iced Tea Day
Now that the weather is warming up a bit, we are constantly daydreaming about laying by the pool with a cool drink in hand. And today being National Iced Tea Day has us craving that sweet sun lazing and sipping more than ever. That’s why we’re here with some of the best boozy, adult versions of our summertime favorite. So whether you’re planning a pool party, baby shower or just small backyard bbq with a few friends, these 16 boozy takes on this summer staple are just the thing to up your warm-weather cocktail game.
1. Jasmine Ginger Cooler: Alright — so this recipe isn’t exactly spiked. But! We’re sure that’s nothing a heavy hand holding a bottle of gin can’t take care of. Fresh out of jasmine tea? Green tea would work just as well. Once you’re done tackling this recipe, get that lounge chair out and relax. A glass of this stuff is sure to keep you cool all summer long. (via Brit + Co)
2. Peach Basil Arnold Palmer: This cocktail is a creative twist on a classic. The peach adds an extra fruity kick, while the basil brings the perfect amount of unique and refreshing flavor. (via Shared Appetite)
3. Moroccan Mojitos: This spiced drink is made with cardamom, orange liqueur and lemon juice along with the usual mojito components. Get ready for it to become your new fave summer sipper. (via Bojon Gourmet)
4. Earl Grey Infused Gin Cocktail: Earl Grey isn’t just for breakfast, and this cocktail proves it. The floral notes in the tea pair perfectly with gin, especially when a little lemon juice is added to the mix. (via The Framed Table)
5. Celebration Cake Iced Tea: Cake flavored vodka may not be the first thing to come to mind when mixing spirits with iced tea, but when paired with the right herbs — in this case, a rooibos-coconut blend — it makes for a dessert-like drink that is sweet without being overly sugary. (via Noshing With the Nolands)
9. Mandarin Chai: Simply mix your favorite chai with a few teaspoons of fresh mandarin juice for a drink that is perfectly spicy and sweet. This is delicious served on its own or with a little vodka in the mix. (via Noshing With the Nolands)
10. Vanilla Vodka Chai: We do love our iced chai lattes during summer. Add some vanilla vodka and amaretto liqueur for a cocktail that is just the right amount of creamy and nutty. (via My Life as a Mrs.)
11. Iced Tea Mint Julep: Even though the Kentucky Derby has come and gone, Mint Juleps are still the bees knees for summertime sipping. Spiff it up a bit with some iced tea for your next happy hour at home. (via Brit + Co)
12. Bourbon Peach Sweet Tea: Southerners know there is nothing better during these hot summer months than a refreshing glass of sweet tea. Here, the bourbon adds an extra punch to this cooling classic. (via Host the Toast)
13. Tennessee Honey Peach Tea: Another delicious sweet peach tea recipe, but this time a little honey whiskey and a sprig of mint is here to keep it fresh. We’re picturing this being enjoyed on the porch swing this summer. (via BevMo)
14. Chamomile Honey and Whiskey: Keep it light and refreshing by serving this chamomile honey and whiskey cocktail at your wedding. The fresh chamomile flowers as garnish add a charming and gorgeous touch. (via A Cozy Kitchen)
16. Vanilla Honey Iced Tea Lemonade: With a mix of vanilla bean, honey and lemonade topped with a sprig of mint, this drink is incredibly sweet and refreshing for summer weather. (via Cookie Monster Cooking)
Do you have a favorite iced tea recipe? Feel free to share it with us in the comments!