29 Breezy Summertime Day Dresses
We really love bodycons, but they’re not exactly suited for these hot and sticky days we’ve been having. What do work perfectly for this weather, however, are breezy dresses. Not only are they basically the most comfortable things ever, but they maintain stylishness despite being loose-fitting. Here are 29 fabulous frocks to rock for the rest of summer.
2. Neela Dress ($88): Yes, you can still have a defined waist on a breezy dress! This dress is so chic and versatile.
3. Simple Life T-Shirt Dresst ($140): Macklemore wouldn’t even pay $20 for a t-shirt, but he probably wasn’t looking at one as stunning as this t-shirt dress. The bright, colorful print contrasts so well with the black sleeves and back.
4. Marine Life Halter Dress ($23): We can totally imagine walking along a beach in this marine-themed dress. That skinny halter neck is super classy and goes nicely with the delicate feel of the dress.
6. Tribal Print Shift Dress ($23): LOVE IT! This is the most magnificent tribal print we’ve ever laid our eyes on. And we don’t use that word lightly.
8. Bachelorette Dress ($88): This dress is basically the definition of wardrobe basics. And in case you were wondering (which you totally were), that large ruffle-like thing that flutters in the summer breeze is called a flounce. The more you know…
9. Brushstroke Print Shift Dress ($20): This brushstroke print perfectly captures the effortless look of these breezy dresses. It’s bright and interesting enough to be worn on its own without any jewelry.
11. Kamani Dress ($150): Newsflash! Off-the-shoulder tops are back and better than ever. Just check out this dress, with its beautiful Ikat print and flowy bell sleeves.
12. Dress in Floral Burnout ($92): This sunny floral dress would actually work for slightly formal events, such as a daytime party or a bridal shower.
14. Curve Shift Dress With Pockets in Animal Print ($67): This animal print is pretty cool, but you know what the best part of this dress is? It has pockets!
17. Bootsie Dress ($148): How adorable is this? Those bows on the shoulders are making our hearts melt.
19. Prins Tunic Dress ($138): Tunic dresses are the masters of summer fashion, in that they can maintain a structured appearance and a breezy feel at the same time. Also, they always seem to come in the most unique prints, like this blurred one.
20. Swing Dress in Daisy Mono Print ($42): Colorful daisy prints are always fun, but this monochromatic print has such a dramatic effect. We still love color though, so we’d probably pair it with a bright pink pair of pumps.
21. Inez Swing Dress ($168): How’s that for mixing prints? And check out that embroidered hem!
22. Dress in Texture ($67): This dress might be made of a slightly thicker material, but it still serves the purpose.
23. Waverly Cocoon Tunic ($118): Another flowy tunic? We would never say no!
26. Smock Dress in Sheer Texture ($73): This smock dress would also look super cute with a fresh floral crown. It’s so perfectly light and airy.
27. Floral Multicolored Shift Dress ($48): If you’d still like a little shape to your breezy dress, you could add a belt around your waist. This one comes with one!
28. Kimono Shift Dress in Pretty Floral Print ($105): We’ve shared this dress with you before in our kimono-style clothing roundup, but we just can’t get enough of it. As the name says, it’s quite pretty.
29. Sundress in Elephant Print ($58): Tiny elephants? Heck yes!
What’s your favorite way to cool off during the summer? Share your tips with us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)