Get in the Swing of Things With 24 Trendy Swing Dresses
The verdict is in: Swing dresses are officially the most comfortable things to wear in the entire world. These dresses are loose fitting and perfect for warmer temps. But don’t let that fool you; they’re still incredibly stylish and can be worn to any and all events, whether it’s a formal dinner or a casual day outing. But let’s cut the chit-chat. We know you’re as antsy as we are to check these 24 trendy swing dresses out. Let’s go!
1. Swing Dress in Wave Stripe Print ($31): We can’t get over how great this print is. Who needs normal stripes when you’ve got these awesomely wonky ones?
2. Amalie Swing Dress ($188): We love that the bold prints on this dress were paired with slightly softer colors. It creates the perfect balance, and therefore a perfect dress.
3. Swing Dress in Spot ($23): Mixing prints is fun, but this dress is special because the two prints are mixed on a single garment. Polka dot and floral prints have been hangin’ out a lot lately in the fashion world, and the result is amazing.
4. Sleeveless Swing Dress in Stripe ($21): Okay, we take back what we said about not needing regular stripes, because this dress is simple and gorgeous. That high neck combined with those tall socks gives the outfit a very chic Parisian feel.
5. Printed Dress in Sea Green ($40): This trend is light and flowy, so it only makes sense to pair it with a print that captures the same vibe. This dress would look so adorable with a light denim jacket.
8. Cami Swing Dress in Rose Print ($42): One of our favorite kinds of floral prints (yes, there are different kinds) is black and white flowers paired with a bright background. It really emphasizes the print itself, while still bringing color to your outfit.
10. Neon Flash Swing Dress ($50): Ooh, yes! We need some sparkles up in here, even if it’s only a little.
12. Beaded Cocktail Dress ($198): Fully embellished dresses have been so popular ever since The Great Gatsby came out last year, and we sincerely hope they never leave us.
20. Sleeveless Dress With Dipped Hem + V Back ($73): A dipped hem is a great addition to swing dresses because it gives them extra “architectural interest,” so to speak.
21. Cutout Rose Swing Dress ($28): Brides to-be, this dress would look amazing in your engagement photos, especially if they’re being taken in a city setting. It has that vintage floral print that contrasts so beautifully against modern buildings.
22. Swing Dress With Asymmetric Frill ($73): Whoa! Those frills are absolutely fantastic, and would definitely spark a lot of fun conversations.
23. Daisy Swing Dress ($18): Flower power! We love daisies with yellow centers, but these blue ones are too cool.
24. Marley Dress With Waterfall Front ($220): And finally, another formal pick. If you look closely, you’ll see that the halter neck is actually made of metal, so you don’t even need a necklace with this one!
What do you think of the swing dress trend? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.