Butter Pecan Dessert Recipes to Sweeten Thanksgiving Dinner
If you grew up in the South, you know that butter pecan is basically a way of life. You’ll be hard pressed to find a holiday gathering without nutty flavored cakes, cookies, and pies on the dessert table. This year, it’s your time to finally shine. No more getting off easy with the cheese ball or frozen dinner rolls, because you can totally handle dessert. Try out one of these 12 butter pecan recipes, and your dish might just show up Grandma’s.
1. Butter Pecan Cheesecake: Is there anything that sounds more indulgent than a cheesecake that’s studded with buttered pecans? You’ll have to make room for this after the big meal no matter what. (via Bake or Break)
2. Butter Pecan Fudge: Nothing kicks off the holiday season quite like your first batch of fudge. If you pick some up every time you go on vacation, you will love this homemade version. (via Spicy Southern Kitchen)
3. Brown Butter Pecan Cookies: The smell that fills your kitchen while these cookies are baking is beat only by the insane taste. The flaky texture and crunch aren’t too shabby either. (via Baker by Nature)
4. Butter Pecan Cupcakes: There’s no shortage of butter pecan flavor in these cupcakes. The cake itself is a fluffy vanilla base that has an abundance of chopped pecans, and the cinnamon buttercream frosting gets a heavy dose of them at the end as well. (via The Cake Blog)
5. Buttered Pecan Ice Cream: Remember the days of enjoying a scoop of praline ice cream at your favorite local shop? This homemade buttered pecan ice cream will remind you of those simpler times. (via Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom)
6. White Chocolate Butter Pecan Blondies: While you’ll still find the classic flavors you know and love, you’ll also notice creamy white chocolate and sweet toffee surprise. (via Baker by Nature)
7. Easy Butter Pecan Bark: When they say this bark is easy, they’re not playing around. All you need are toasted pecans and butterscotch chips to create your new holiday must-have munch. (via The View from Great Island)
8. Butter Pecan Dulce De Leche Poke Cake: This fun take on a classic dulce de leche cake is perfect for serving a crowd on Thanksgiving. Plus, no one has to know that you used boxed butter pecan cake mix. (via Jo Cooks)
9. Butter Pecan Frosted Fudge Brownies: These brownies have the best of both worlds with a fudgy base and a sweet and creamy butter pecan frosting. (via Half Baked Harvest)
10. Browned Butter Pecan Layer Cake: The expert baker will revel in the challenge that is this beautiful layer cake. Break out your lazy susan and favorite piping tips, and let the fun begin. (via Life, Love, and Sugar)
11. Butter Pecan Turtle Bars: Once the turkey and stuffing are devoured, watch these turtle bars disappear before your eyes. (via Bake or Break)
12. Slice ‘n’ Bake Vanilla Brown Butter Pecan Cookies… Dipped in Chocolate: These most definitely aren’t the slice ‘n’ bake cookies of your childhood. Flaky pecan cookies will melt in your mouth, and before you know it, you’ve had six before you’ve even had dinner. (via Half Baked Harvest)
Follow us on Pinterest for more holiday dessert recipes!